Nicole Foss and deflationary scenario

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
jughead13's picture
jughead13
Nicole Foss and deflationary scenario

I just listened to another of her interviews, and while I agree with the gist of her salient points on energy and credit, I question the time frame and order in which events occur. She feels the deflationary effect of credit retrenchment will preclude hyper inflationary economic effects and result in a deflationary depression....at least until a financial reset occurs, at which time a new currency will evolve....and then perhaps an inflationary event.....any thoughts?....BTW....a very sharp lady...IMHO....And she sees this happening in 2-3 years.....Jughead

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Beastly Debt.

Can you give me a link to her talk please Jug? I am an admirer of Nichole Foss too. As the megga debt goes "poof" real money becomes tight.

This is the opposit of hyperinflation.

Let us assume that all this fiat money that is stashed in the banks suddenly get out into the economy. Each note is a promise to pay. They become worthless. Is that not the same as debt money vanishing?

I see the two phenomena as different manifestations of the same animal.

jughead13's picture
jughead13
Foss interview

Go to kunstlercast.com and then episode archives.....it's episode # 215

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Blinkers.

Thanks Jug. 

Nicholle said that the very clever engineers at Google had blinkers on.

Nicholle is a very clever person. What are her blinkers?

The more one studies and repeats the dogma of their fields the stronger are the blinkers. Being clever can be an impediment, it can lead to Hubris.

At the very centre of her argument lies Energy. Her Model of Reality is built on the chemical energy foundation. What happens if the foundations are attacked?

I see that the Celani demonstration has passes the 110% efficiency mark today. But don't take my word for it. Go and look yourself.

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
The salvation of civilization.

I have done the work for you.

Here we see excess power. Isn't that line the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? In that line lies the salvation of civilization. 110% and going up.

jughead13's picture
jughead13
We can only hope....

....cold fusion is certainly the technological explosion that cures mankinds woes,....energy-wise.....but I remain skeptical til expanded and reproduced many times over.....I have always thought a Manhattan style project would ultimately be needed and pursued.....I doubt my lifetime will see such a pursuit.....

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Foss, Energy and Finance

Foss has some very good insights on the relationship between energy and finance. I was struck by her comments on the time-constants of finance in comparison to the reality of energy.  I think history has substantiated her claims that finance shifts can happen very quickly because they are virtual. Of course there are stop-gaps that the regulators put in place, but they can only have a curtailing effect in situations of panic.

Aurthur, I would love it if cold fusion could deal with our energy predicament, but I question if the financial velocity may outpace any possibility of build-out if it is truly viable.  Do you have any opinions on this? The problem I see is IF we move to lower levels of complexity as she describes, what will be the incentive for build-out of it or any other major-changing energy source?  In essence, if there is a decentralization of power back to more local levels, where would we find the money for this kind of build-out since it would need to happen at a much higher level of complexity?

I think this is why I keep coming back to the CDS/derivative market as being our most critical issue, it is still, at least to me, the big elephant in the room. The hyper-frequency trading is tied into this velocity. The mechanisms of the  financial system are outstripping reality and the human levels of time-constants.

The system that has been set up for clearing CDS (Frank/Dodd) as far as I can see only handles a fraction (okay 54%, but that ain't 100%) of the transactions since it is dealer exclusive:

http://www.bandbstructuredfinance.com/CDSConferenceCallTheFuture.htm

therefore we don’t know that much more (definitely more, but how much more?) than we did before 2009 in regard to this market. I think we have to remember this is not an exchange and the terms of CDS contracts are variable and exclusive. So what does this clearing actually mean?  One merely needs to compare these contracts to traditional hedges and insurance contracts. Those with more power and money dictate the terms, therefore they are skewed from the inception. As Ralph Nader pointed out long ago…try and change the terms of your mortgage or homeowner’s insurance and see how far you get.

What amazes me is the refusal to accept the responsibility of the derived consequence of what happened in the financial crisis:

http://www.isdacdsmarketplace.com/about_cds_market/cds_faq

Of Course the CDS wasn’t the cause of the crisis, the fraudulent mortgages were, but the CDS would have been THE market failure if it hadn’t been bailed out at the 11th hour.

Comments and opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thank You

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Celani wire

The first time I brought this up, Arthur kinda blew me off by saying that the energy generated in the nuclear reactions was orders of magnitude greater than any possible stored energy effect.  I realize that this is just a tiny wire, and it could be scaled up if real.. but I still question whether anyone in the LENR field has attempted some accounting for the energy stored in the wire via all the processing necessary to make it (some kind of multilayer allow) and to soak it and allow it to absorb Deuterium.  My understanding is that the wire is ultimately embrittled and destroyed/consumed.. or at least needs to be "recharged" with more D2.  

We use D2 in Semiconductor processing because it imparts some desireable electrical properties to transistor materials.. I can tell you that it is expensive stuff, since it needs to be isotopically enriched.  Read this and think about the implied, embedded energy in even a small amount of Deuterium;

The Bruce Heavy Water Plant in Ontario, Canada, is the world's largest producer of D2O. It uses the Girdler Sulfide (GS) process which incorporates a double cascade in each step. In the upper ("cold," 30-40 °C) section, deuterium from hydrogen sulfide preferentially migrates into water. In the lower ("hot," 120-140 °C) section, deuterium preferentially migrates from water into hydrogen sulfide. An appropriate cas-cade arrangement actually accomplishes enrichment. In the first stage the gas is enriched from 0.015% deuterium to 0.07%. The second column enriches this to 0.35% , and the third column achieves an enrichment between 10% and 30% deuterium. This product is sent to a distillation unit for finishing to 99.75% "reactor-grade" heavy water. Only about one-fifth of the deuterium in the plant feed water becomes heavy water product. The production of a single pound of heavy water requires 340,000 pounds of feed water.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/heavy.htm

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Foss stole my musical chairs analogy...

at 39:40. Please see my past post on this...almost verbatim. Nice... my feeble mind must have been channelling hers. Lol, I know it certainly wasn't the other way around!

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Fruit flies and heavy water.

I got this piece of information on the price of heavy water.

For high purity uses (medical):
Deuterium Oxide D2O - 99.9% D - 1 kg - $430 

Reactor Grade:
Deuterium Oxide D2O - 95% - 1 kg - $300

See links below:

Source(s):

• 5 years ago
  •  
  • Source.
  •  
  •  
  • Please note that the Celani cell does not use heavy water. It is a reaction between hydrogen and Constantan.
  •  
  • It was not my intention to ruffle feathers.
  •  
  • However it is a fact that nuclear energy EROEI is off the charts.
  • A lot more mass is converted to energy compared with chemical energy. Where one kg of chemical energy can do a certain amount of work, one kg of nuclear energy will do one million times as much.
  •  
  •  
  • I too thought that Pons and Fleishmann had sold up a pup. Ruby had to grab me by the neck and shake me until my teeth rattled until She got the propaganda out.
  •  
  •  
  • The value of the American dollar is due to the fact that the only way to buy oil is to use the $US. Therefore all the countries of the world have to have $US, which makes them valuable. Which means that the USA can print money to buy goods and services.
  •  
  • We can all see where that is taking the world.
  • So, Do you think that Uncle Sam was happy that oil had a rival? No, he was not. And he bashed the thing to death with everything he had.
  • Do you think that uncle Sam was happy when Gadafi wanted to swap his oil for Gold? No, he was not And he and his mates pummeled Libya into the ground. (Was it there that they found the Weapons of Mass Destruction? I forget.)
  • People still say that they are skeptical. If this was a scientific demonstration showing the mating habits of fruit flies, would it arouse such passion? The population is heavily propagandised. They dare not even mention it's name.

I see that the efficiency of the Celani Cell is up to 111.5% today.

Let us hope that Uncle Sam is too tired and too distracted to raise his club once again.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments