Rare Aldous Huxley Interview from 1958

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jasonw's picture
jasonw
Rare Aldous Huxley Interview from 1958

An interview with Aldous Huxley (Brave New World) discussing the threats to our freedoms in America.  I find it interesting that Mike Wallace is smoking a cigarette in the studio in the opening credits. Lots to absorb here and digest.

Travlin's picture
Travlin
For more depth

Jasonw

Thanks for the video.  The essays mentioned in the introduction were published as a non-fiction book Brave New World Revisited.  I read it a few years later and it had a considerable impact on my thinking and observations since.  It was truly prophetic.  I highly recommend it.

Available at Amazon Kindle for $3.82.
http://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-World-Revisited-ebook/dp/B003XRELG6/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1357863458&sr=1-1

Travlin

AkGrannyWGrit's picture
AkGrannyWGrit
Interesting

Thanks Jason and Travlin,

Really interesting interview and the book has been ordered. One comment that resonated with me was that the constitution is a device to limit government. Never thought of the constitution from that perspective. Will have to listen again and pick up a few more nugget that I might have missed. Good find Jason!

AK Granny

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments