Alex Jones on Pierce Morgan

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 7 2009
Posts: 737
Alex Jones on Pierce Morgan

Alex Jones debates gun control with wanker

Alex Jones post show video 

Phil Williams's picture
Phil Williams
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 14 2009
Posts: 233
Alex Jones

I agree with Alex, but damn he needs to calm down. He knows his stuff, he should just debate this guy calmly. He appears like a crazy person, which many non-gun people think we are. Thanks jneo, that was entertaining.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 18 2009
Posts: 1373
Propaganda

I'm in the camp that believes that AJ is on the payroll of the NSA.  He brings up great points, and knows his stuff, but his demeanor, and actions show, he's a provocateur.  

Look at this interview.  Do you think normal people (normal meaning: Main Stream America, or the 50yo Middle Manager at a fortune 500 company, etc...) won't look at AJ and say "what a nut!"....or worse?

This little tyrade by AJ on the PMorgan show, works aggressively against the pro gun crowd.  Those normal people watched and said "Wow, if this nut case is allowed to have a gun, what next?"

And again, I believe this was a staged interview for the purpose of making the Pro Gun crowd look like nut cases....and they did a damn good job in that regard.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 22 2008
Posts: 2343
Peak Paranoia

Nothing like a provocateur to flush the Timothy McVeighs from the woodworks.
Even if Alex Jones is not some form of agent, he's creating useful records for finding the types of people who entertain specific notions...

He is also, in no frigging way, an authority to speak on firearms. Morgan should be exported back to the island. He's just one more piece of social rot poisoning any remaining national identity or social cohesion.

Its just one more symptom of a neurotic, paranoid and megalomaniacal society... Which is a dangerous combination.

Ill write more on this later, but the white house received 150,000 petitions to enact further gun control measures. The NRA, by way of comparison, has 4.3 million due paying members.

If this measure is pushed through, it WILL mark a turning point in the democratic process, and it will prove, unequivocally, that we live in a oligarichal hegemony. One giant ponzy scheme, where we fight amongst ourselves with such fervor, the reality of our predicament goes almost entirely unrecognized.

This year will really reveal a lot, all due to an isolated act of criminal insanity, arguably linked to psychotropic drugs designed to "fix" the problem...

Cheers, and best wishes,
Aaron

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 2 2010
Posts: 90
I'm no conspiracy theorist.

I'm no conspiracy theorist. But I'll say that Alex Jones' display was embarrassing. It hurts the gun rights argument, and I hope it simply ends up being forgotten.

I've been watching the gun control debate, and I cringe at how many poor arguments I hear (on both sides). Forbes magazine (of all places) ran the best pro-gun piece I've seen.

The 1776 Revolutionary War/YouAin'tGonnaGetMyGunsBud/TheSouthWillRiseAgain argument embarrasses me. It plays to every negative stereotype and superstition the anti-gun lobby has. I agree with the argument, but damn, style matters to. 

I see this less as Alex Jones being an NSA agent, and more as Piers Morgan pulling strings, knowing he's getting a great show against a fellow megalomaniac and winning in this scene.

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 2 2010
Posts: 90
For the record, every time

For the record, every time you hear "everybody knows," "This and that," "find it anywhere," "google it folks," or any other lazily thrown-out generality, it's, well, a lazily presented argument, regardless of its substance.

Oh, the talk of "mass murder pills" and "government buying armored cars and millions of rounds of ammo" are also wretchedly awful things to put into this argument. Parts of it may be true, but this was wretchedly presented.

I can only see it as two megalomaniacs going at it. And make no doubt about it, of the two personalities, Piers wins this. Alex Jones wins with his followers, sure. They don't matter in the argument; their minds are already strongly made up. Anyone who watched this looking to be informed and make their minds up on this issue has moved away from Alex's position if only so they don't have to be associated with his paranoid and pathetic personality.

LAST CHIMING : xenophobia, as we just learned in the 2012 election, is now a losing argument. Any talk of "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE YOU'RE A FOREIGNER" was ignorant in the first place, and is now also a losing argument in politics. Calling Piers a commie redcoat is pathetically counterproductive.

I don't think there will be votes enough to pass a ban on assault weapons. I watch the debate because I am unsettled and not sure of what happen. Damn, this is not helpful.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 18 2009
Posts: 1373
FAlley wrote: The 1776

FAlley wrote:

The 1776 Revolutionary War/YouAin'tGonnaGetMyGunsBud/TheSouthWillRiseAgain argument embarrasses me. It plays to every negative stereotype and superstition the anti-gun lobby has. I agree with the argument, but damn, style matters to. 

I see this less as Alex Jones being an NSA agent, and more as Piers Morgan pulling strings

Piers did nothing to pull strings.  AJ immediately showed his cards, and those cards were extremist in nature.  That in itself shows the true nature of the interview.

But if you know what you're looking for, you'll see that Alex used the above highlighted quotes (which you brought forth) that are all considered "Hot Topic" (they use a different acronym, but I won't go into that).  

Again, this was pure propaganda.  As I've said before, it's not CT any longer, it has become CR (conspiracy Reality).  Connect the dots, and do your own research.  It's not that hard, you just have to open your mind a bit.

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 22 2008
Posts: 755
LogansRun wrote: FAlley

LogansRun wrote:

FAlley wrote:

The 1776 Revolutionary War/YouAin'tGonnaGetMyGunsBud/TheSouthWillRiseAgain argument embarrasses me. It plays to every negative stereotype and superstition the anti-gun lobby has. I agree with the argument, but damn, style matters to. 

I see this less as Alex Jones being an NSA agent, and more as Piers Morgan pulling strings

Piers did nothing to pull strings.  AJ immediately showed his cards, and those cards were extremist in nature.  That in itself shows the true nature of the interview.

But if you know what you're looking for, you'll see that Alex used the above highlighted quotes (which you brought forth) that are all considered "Hot Topic" (they use a different acronym, but I won't go into that).  

Again, this was pure propaganda.  As I've said before, it's not CT any longer, it has become CR (conspiracy Reality).  Connect the dots, and do your own research.  It's not that hard, you just have to open your mind a bit.

LR, a very interesting perspective on Alex Jones.

jneo's picture
jneo
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 7 2009
Posts: 737
Ok Lets see what Ben Swann

Ok Lets see what Ben Swann Has to say about the debate, here is a link to Reality Check 

http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/piers-morgan-vs-alex-jones-and-gun-h...

littleone's picture
littleone
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 24 2009
Posts: 200
How to see through distraction

Speaking of demeanor…wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Are people aware of hypnotic suggestion?…negative commands to be specific.

In NLP(Neuro Linguistic Programming) this involves using the word don’t and then introducing a command. This is so commonly practiced…parents and school teachers use negative commands everyday to teach children what NOT to do.

What most parents and teachers need to know is: A negative command is really a language pattern to incite something to occur by stating what you don't want to occur.

Here are a few examples:

Don’t think of the color red

Don’t use drugs

Don’t touch that

What the subconscious mind registers is the command. How often do we ask children,

I told you not to do that, why did you do that?

Even though to properly teach children we need to teach/show and tell them what to do.

Example: Eat balanced meals, take vitamins, exercise/work, be honorable, and get plenty of rest to feel good.

My point is: Individual opinions, no matter how extreme, by those who are not in power positions(the power to tax and regulate citizens), are a small threat to people and liberties. People are smart enough to spot a wolf. The problem is spotting a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Also, technology has advanced to the point where audible voice can be introduced into an individual’s awareness(mind/brain).

Negative commands are used so often that it is easy to cite someone making a direct command as the sole provocateur.

-littleone

paranoid's picture
paranoid
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 27 2009
Posts: 139
is it possible we are all

is it possible we are all guilty of 'shooting the messenger'?? Yes Alex has always been a ranter like Rush and the other guy on Fox TV, and yes his style is a detriment to him but I thought he made very valid points.

He shouted down Morgan, perhaps because he knows Morgan does the same and refused to be led astray? If you saw Morgan on his CNN special last month, he was shouting down a gun expert who was trying to discuss statistics. 

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 13 2009
Posts: 1582
the last three words

littleone,

The human mind pretty much remembers the last three words of any sentence extremely well. So, you're right. Adding "don't" to the start of a sentence is counter-productive. Positive reinforement is always better. This is something I used to my advantage in site safety management, a subtle form of behavioral coersion to get people who are not safety minded to act safely.

Phil Williams, LogansRun, FAlley - there is another fact to consider. "News" nowadays is made by those on the fringes, because they believe controversy fuels ratings. The media loves to put their microphones in front of the extremisist because extremists make better stories, which they think are more interesting than boring, normal, sane folks. Never mind that it is polarizing the country because it feeds negative and erroneous stereotypes.

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 2 2010
Posts: 90
paranoid wrote: is it

paranoid wrote:

is it possible we are all guilty of 'shooting the messenger'?? Yes Alex has always been a ranter like Rush and the other guy on Fox TV, and yes his style is a detriment to him but I thought he made very valid points.

He shouted down Morgan, perhaps because he knows Morgan does the same and refused to be led astray? If you saw Morgan on his CNN special last month, he was shouting down a gun expert who was trying to discuss statistics. 

Wendy S. Delmater wrote:

littleone,

Phil Williams, LogansRun, FAlley - there is another fact to consider. "News" nowadays is made by those on the fringes, because they believe controversy fuels ratings. The media loves to put their microphones in front of the extremisist because extremists make better stories, which they think are more interesting than boring, normal, sane folks. Never mind that it is polarizing the country because it feeds negative and erroneous stereotypes.

I'd just like to second these as both being great points on polarity being what sells, not discussion.

jneo's picture
jneo
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 7 2009
Posts: 737
Benn Swann on The Alex Jones

Benn Swann on The Alex Jones Morgan debate

http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/piers-morgan-vs-alex-jones-the-truth-about-gun-homicide-rates

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 18 2009
Posts: 1373
Yes, all of the above.

But the true question should be "why".  

Why did they bring Alex onto the show?  Partially to be polarizing, entertaining, ratings, etc....  Those are the by products of the true agenda.

Look at what Dershewitz said, right after the Alex Jones interview.

I understand why it's so hard for people to see what I'm saying, it's that next step of true understanding of the world as it really is.  But again, opening your mind to seeing everything, getting out of the frequency, is that last step that some on this site are missing.

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 4 2010
Posts: 2502
The Mind of the Ape

Never be ashamed of being a conspiracy theorist when dealing with The Ape.

He got his big brain for a reason.

Doug's picture
Doug
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 1 2008
Posts: 2763
loss of reasoning ability

Alex Jones' rant is a prime example of the depth to which our collective rhetorical and thinking skills have sunk.  He's an idiot who does exactly what he accuses Morgan of doing, citing factoids, except he does it serially and at high volume.  He obviously has no depth of understanding of the numerous surrounding issues, so he just repeats a barrage of talking points, perhaps supplied by the NRA, no matter their truth.

Please folks, can we avoid the xenophobic responses to a 'foreigner' expressing his pov?  If you cannot respond to the merit of his argument, then perhaps you should start reconsidering your biases.  Reverting to the 'hairy chest' arguments of 'it's my way or the highway' and 'America, love it or leave it' is a throwback to the very worst of the Vietnam era rhetoric.

Last night after seeing a bit of that so-called interview, my wife, daughter and I had a lengthy discussion on the various issues surrounding guns and, despite have pretty widely varying views, were able to work it all down to a few core issues that could easily be worked out by people of good will who are actually interested in finding solutions to these spasms of violence rather than yelling at each other.  But, the Alex Jones of the world will never get there.

I should add, parenthetically, that the Dershowitz interview linked by LR shows that Morgan has no great mastery of the facts either, but is able to discuss them in a rational manner, meaning that he is capable of learning.

Doug

edited to add thought.

ScottT's picture
ScottT
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 2 2009
Posts: 40
Aaron Moyer wrote:the reality

Aaron Moyer wrote:
the reality of our predicament goes almost entirely unrecognized.

I'm pretty new to the site so - enjoy everyone's perspectives.  The controversy over gun control seems to be really, really polarizing Americans right now. I wonder if this singular topic does not represent a tipping point for anarchy?  I think that both sides of the debate have good and reasonable arguments for and against "gun control" (however defined).  I also think that Alex Jones made some good points albeit a bit too rabidly.  Piers Morgan tends to be a bit of an arrogant and righteous "poof".  He was effectively neutralized by AJ.

I assume you will be addressing the reality of our predicament in your future writings? I look forward to it and  good and fruitful discussions henceforth.

John Lemieux's picture
John Lemieux
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 2 2012
Posts: 223
Wow, this guy is going to give himself a heart attack

I wonder AJ's life could be in more danger by giving himself a heart attack by being so bonkers and angry than by any external threat he fears. J.

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2009
Posts: 829
GUN VIOLENCE RESOLVED!.......well, sort of

Forget contentious debates a la Piers and AJ.  How about this solution put forth by Chris Rock:

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.

Yeah! Every time somebody get shot we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something … Shit, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’

And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your fucking head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn’t have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like “I believe you got my property.” ― Chris Rock

maceves's picture
maceves
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 23 2010
Posts: 279
alienated

It is really hard to live in the deep south and have digested the reality of the 3Es and the crash course.  It is rare to meet anyone who understands  and responds intelligently to that new reality.  I have started to think that intelligence is maybe a key part of the problem and ignorance another part.  Impulsiveness and the desire to fix things yourself now is another part.  The ability to take information and extrapolate a future outcome is not something I see much either.  There are a few around here  like Alex Jones; I don't know if they have thought out anything for themselves or just follow him.   I just can not associate with that level of insanity.  The guy is a nut case and someone should probably take those guns away from him before he hurts somebody.

Other folks say God will rapture the church and we will be gone anyway, so don't worry about any of  it....All I can say is what if He decides to take his time and let us live in the mess we made?

See, now I have alienated myself from this site also.

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Status: Platinum Member (Online)
Joined: Apr 27 2010
Posts: 628
Pat Paulsen for President

Earthwise, comedian Pat Paulsen "ran" for President in 1968, mostly on the "Laugh In" show.  One of his planks was bullet control too.  In responding to hypothetical critics who said bullet control would take all the fun out of hunting, Paulsen disagreed saying, "Imagine the thrill of sneaking up on a 1,000 lb bear with an unloaded gun!"

I wish I could find that particular segment.  All I could find was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHge8q0zwY

Actually, politicians have advocated for very high ammunition taxes to control guns.

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 2 2010
Posts: 90
On Expensive Bullets

Taxing bullets has been suggested before. I'm not a fan. I believe in the right to keep and bear arms (when I'm not arming bears).

On a practical note, look at taxes on alcohol and tobacco. States with low taxes become "source states" to smuggle tobacco/alcohol into states with high taxes. I know this well becaues I live in Missouri, one of the lowest tobacco-tax rates in the county and source state to the midwest. It's a multi-million dollar endeavor.

So yeah. I'm not a fan of gun control. Or bullet control. I believe in being armed as a matter of personal responsibility, and hope others believe the same, or atleast can accept the role it plays in maintaining a free and strong society.

MargfromTassie's picture
MargfromTassie
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 21 2011
Posts: 3
America, the crazy...

Yes,   Let every man, woman and child on this earth each have a gun. What a wonderful world. ...  Wake up    America ! The reason you "need guns"' is because you have guns. 

- a resident of Tasmania, Australia. (where once a madman with a semi- automatic went on a massacre, prompting a nationwide ban on the bloody things - the best thing that that conservative government ever did)

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 14 2009
Posts: 1125
"needing" guns because we have guns

MargfromTassie wrote:

Yes,   Let every man, woman and child on this earth each have a gun. What a wonderful world. ...  Wake up    America ! The reason you "need guns"' is because you have guns. 

- a resident of Tasmania, Australia. (where once a madman with a semi- automatic went on a massacre, prompting a nationwide ban on the bloody things - the best thing that that conservative government ever did)

There is a bit of truth to the part in bold, though like with most things it paints an incomplete picture.  To be sure the widespread availability of guns does introduce elements of risk that wouldn't be present without them, but at the same time they provide an extremely effective means of physical self defense and deterence (especially for those normally at a disadvantage because of small physique or being outnumbered).  But the real reason I bolded that sentence is that it shines the light on a truth some do not want to admit.... there are already too many guns to realistically disarm the majority of criminals OR civilians.  Likewise it is relatively easy for motivated individuals to make their own ammunition, not to mention there is a lot of existing ammunition already out in private hands.  The genie is out of the bottle.  To truly disarm the populace would require a level of totalitarianism, ruthlessness, and police state measures beyond what we see now in China.  None of the criminals will turn in theirs, and I suspect far less than half of the average civilian gunowners will willingly turn in theirs.  Combine a gun ban with an American government and corporate system with broken rule of law and outright cronyism and power-mongering that more and more people are losing confidence in each day, and you have an epic recipe for strife, suffering, and quite possibly a breakup of the country.

So any 'solutions' to the gun violence problem should take this into account, but quite frankly most gun control proponents cannot accept this.  And I suspect the rest that do know this have other motives behind gun control than safety, namely power over others.  To paraphrase our host, I think what we have here is not a problem to be solved but rather a predicament to be managed.  IMO the best way of managing it is to make the average citizen a harder target for violence, in other words to not interfere with the peoples' right to effective self-defense and to encourage responsible gun ownership AND proper training. 

I can understand and sympathize with people who are uncomfortable with the reality of firearms, but quite frankly I refuse to give up my rights to accomodate someone else's insecurities.  I suspect that much of the fear and insecurity comes from fear of the unknown, and if most of those people had some knowledge and experience with firearms that fear and insecurity would give way to a healthy respect for what they can do (both good and bad).  Jack Spirko of the Survival Podcast made an excellent suggestion recently, encouraging every gun owner to take somebody who's unfamiliar with guns out to the range to go shooting.  Don't talk gun politics, just teach them how to shoot and handle a gun safely and have fun.  I'm trying to do this with my sister-in-law's husband.... he's not particularly anti-gun or anything, I just thought he'd get some enjoyment out of it and that it would contribute to the overall safety of his family.

ao's picture
ao
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 4 2009
Posts: 2220
Australia, the sorry

MargfromTassie wrote:

Yes,   Let every man, woman and child on this earth each have a gun. What a wonderful world. ...  Wake up    America ! The reason you "need guns"' is because you have guns. 

- a resident of Tasmania, Australia. (where once a madman with a semi- automatic went on a massacre, prompting a nationwide ban on the bloody things - the best thing that that conservative government ever did)

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 15 2010
Posts: 1322
Bravo Nickbert

nickbert wrote:

I can understand and sympathize with people who are uncomfortable with the reality of firearms, but quite frankly I refuse to give up my rights to accomodate someone else's insecurities.

Well said Nickbert

Travlin 

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2009
Posts: 829
Is this thing on; These are the jokes folks......

Geez guys lighten up! I wasn't advocating a 'bullet tax', just tryin' to bring a chuckle to the conversation. Was I the only one who thought this was funny?? If so, I gotta find me a better sense of humor. Any suggestions???

joesxm2011's picture
joesxm2011
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 16 2011
Posts: 249
pro rights rally 1/19

Maybe we should all dress up in our Sunday best and bring the family to the pro second ammendment rally at our state capital on Saturday 1/19 at local noon.

We can show them that gun owners are normal people, not crazy, well spoken and motivated to keep our rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MUAfft7l4wQ

John Lemieux's picture
John Lemieux
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 2 2012
Posts: 223
A Canadian's Perspective

@nickburt, thank you for what I think is a helpful and thoughtful comment

Growing up and living in Canada it's hard for me to understand why so many Americans choose to own guns for self defence. 

But by better understanding the history and gun culture/situation of the US and by spending some time on this site, I am coming to realize that if I lived in the US,  it's possible that I would very well choose to own a gun myself. And that is because I wonder if it's as you say the reality is that the "genie is out of the bottle" in regards to widespread gun ownership in America. And so it seems almost necessary now for the the average US citizen to own a gun in many places there

But what I don't get is the thinking that crime rates will be lower if gun ownership is common among the citizenry of any country. And that gun control will only increase the crime rate.

That is certainly not my experience living here in Canada where it is rare for anyone except hunters and sport shooters to have guns. I mean I've lived here my entire life and neither myself or anyone I know have such worries or concerns about their safety that we feel vulnerable not owning a gun.

So from my experience I simply cannot accept that Canada would be a safer place to live, or that crime rates would be reduced if we loosened up gun contol regulations here. J.

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 14 2009
Posts: 1125
Travlin wrote: nickbert

Travlin wrote:

nickbert wrote:

I can understand and sympathize with people who are uncomfortable with the reality of firearms, but quite frankly I refuse to give up my rights to accomodate someone else's insecurities.

Well said Nickbert

Travlin 

Travlin,

Well I can't take credit for those exact words, as I'd heard them from someone else not that long ago.  But I think it boils down much of the argument to its essence so well that I use it frequently.

Earthwise,

No worries, I got the joke and wasn't refering to anything you said.  I've probably seen that Chris Rock bit at least a dozen times laugh

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments