End-of-Year Flexible Spending (And Prepping)

1 post / 0 new
Poet's picture
Poet
End-of-Year Flexible Spending (And Prepping)

Just a few ideas if you still have an FSA (flexible spending account) with money left over that needs to be spent before the end of this year.

First aid kits
Yes, you may be able to have that expense reimbursed. Check your FSA guidelines!

Vaccines
Flu shots - There are even the kind that are preservative-free (for pregnant women or people concerned about preservatives).
Pneumococcal vaccine - Can protect against 20-some strains of bacteria-caused pneumonia.
Tdap - Tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, also at CVS Minute Clinic or your doctor's office. Tetanus can be a real danger. Pertussis is important if you will be around infants and children.
Hepatitis A and B shots - food-borne, bodily fluids borne, causes liver problems, etc.
All of the above are availale at your local CVS Minute Clinic or a doctor's office.

Vision exam

Dental exam, dental work, mouth guards, dentures, crowns, etc.
I am getting some dental stuff done in the last week of this year.

OTC Medicine (you need to get a prescrption first)
I got prescriptions for acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Motrin) for both adults and kids. I then bought the items with expiration dates in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Other prescriptions
I have a very friendly doctor. Got prescriptions (with refills) for Tamiflu and 5-day packs of azithromycin (the generic equivalent of Zithromax Z-Paks). Filled them already. Will be properly disposing of my older (un-used) Tamiflu and antibiotics.

Poet

Login or Register to post comments