Hostess Brands - Twinkies Selling For Over $30 On Amazon.com

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poet's picture
Poet
Hostess Brands - Twinkies Selling For Over $30 On Amazon.com

In other news, yesterday after work, I went to our local Walmart. No Twinkies or Cupcakes.

I went to our local Stater Brothers. I picked up a few boxes of Cupcakes (8-count), but the Twinkies were gone.

I asked a manager if there would be more. He said there were no more - they had gotten a notice from the warehouse. I went to a young courtesy clerk and asked him to look in the back. He came out with four boxes of Twinkies (10-count), and I got them all for $2.99 + tax each.

Already, boxes of Twinkies were selling for over $20 on-line. Today, it is over $30 at the cheap end.

Do note, however, that the Canadian producer licensed to sell Hostess brands will continue to make them. And likely a company will buy the brands and re-introduce them within 6 months or earlier. So that news may filter into the mainstream consciousness in a while...

Poet

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
But they last forever!

Poet wrote:
In other news, yesterday after work, I went to our local Walmart. No Twinkies or Cupcakes. I went to our local Stater Brothers. I picked up a few boxes of Cupcakes (8-count), but the Twinkies were gone. I asked a manager if there would be more. He said there were no more - they had gotten a notice from the warehouse. I went to a young courtesy clerk and asked him to look in the back. He came out with four boxes of Twinkies (10-count), and I got them all for $2.99 + tax each. Already, boxes of Twinkies were selling for over $20 on-line. Today, it is over $30 at the cheap end. Do note, however, that the Canadian producer licensed to sell Hostess brands will continue to make them. And likely a company will buy the brands and re-introduce them within 6 months or earlier. So that news may filter into the mainstream consciousness in a while... Poet

They never go stale. I saw it on, 'Life After People" In another 300 years, what with inflation, those twinkies might make you a millionaire!

riccardoriccardo759's picture
riccardoriccardo759
People who reside in semi-permanent residences

People who reside in semi-permanent residences are not particularly eager on doing an investment on more design clocks because it is not necessary that these expensive clocks be constantly moved wall clocks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments