Hostess Brands - Twinkies Selling For Over $30 On Amazon.com

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poet's picture
Poet
Hostess Brands - Twinkies Selling For Over $30 On Amazon.com

In other news, yesterday after work, I went to our local Walmart. No Twinkies or Cupcakes.

I went to our local Stater Brothers. I picked up a few boxes of Cupcakes (8-count), but the Twinkies were gone.

I asked a manager if there would be more. He said there were no more - they had gotten a notice from the warehouse. I went to a young courtesy clerk and asked him to look in the back. He came out with four boxes of Twinkies (10-count), and I got them all for $2.99 + tax each.

Already, boxes of Twinkies were selling for over $20 on-line. Today, it is over $30 at the cheap end.

Do note, however, that the Canadian producer licensed to sell Hostess brands will continue to make them. And likely a company will buy the brands and re-introduce them within 6 months or earlier. So that news may filter into the mainstream consciousness in a while...

Poet

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
But they last forever!

Poet wrote:
In other news, yesterday after work, I went to our local Walmart. No Twinkies or Cupcakes. I went to our local Stater Brothers. I picked up a few boxes of Cupcakes (8-count), but the Twinkies were gone. I asked a manager if there would be more. He said there were no more - they had gotten a notice from the warehouse. I went to a young courtesy clerk and asked him to look in the back. He came out with four boxes of Twinkies (10-count), and I got them all for $2.99 + tax each. Already, boxes of Twinkies were selling for over $20 on-line. Today, it is over $30 at the cheap end. Do note, however, that the Canadian producer licensed to sell Hostess brands will continue to make them. And likely a company will buy the brands and re-introduce them within 6 months or earlier. So that news may filter into the mainstream consciousness in a while... Poet

They never go stale. I saw it on, 'Life After People" In another 300 years, what with inflation, those twinkies might make you a millionaire!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments