Local Crowdfunding - resilient financing

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
BoulderD's picture
BoulderD
Local Crowdfunding - resilient financing

I have followed kickstarter a bit and read the wiki.  I've seen it done here in a Boulder on a limited, project by project basis.  I've considered a bit of what it would take to make a local-only sight (local investors for local projects).  My understanding is that the legislation is progressing to make this possible.  My motivation is to never send my equity investment dollars to Wall Street ever again.  I used to work in institutional investment management - lots of good people, but its a broken model.  I want to be able to put my hands on the books and physical assets of productive enterprices I have a piece of.  I also don't want to see local businesses lack funding because the Uber-banks have some policy that restricts the kind of capital investments they need.  

Do any of you have hands on experience with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_funding

jojokirk's picture
jojokirk
crowdfunding

I am interested in crowdfunding too. To see how a group in Port Townsend, WA have been successful search YouTube for Peak Moment TV and then search for Port Townsend. The video is of an interview about their local investing. They talked for abut 30 minutes about their structure and seemed content with their efforts.

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
On Liberalism and Seaweed.

Reading the wiki it seems as though the regulators want to become involved to save us from unscrupulous charlatans and the grossly incompetent. I do wish that they would let us settle our differences outside the courts.

Crowd funding would be ideal for a Norie project that I have in mind, but I am dissuaded by the Regulators and their bureaucratic passing the buck. They personally benefit nothing by being bold and making a decision.

I think that hunger and desperation will facilitate matters. But first they have to recognize that a problem exists.

jojokirk's picture
jojokirk
Francis Koster interviewed by Chris Martenson

If you want to learn about local investment, search peak prosperity for Francis Koster. You will be amazed at the ideas presented during his interview. Also, go to web site: www.optimisticfuturist.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments