Chris on WWL Radio yesterday

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Chris on WWL Radio yesterday

Chris was interviewed on WWL Radio yesterday.

What's of particular interest here is that WWL's listenership is concentrated in the Gulf states, which are heavily influenced by the oil & gas companies. Chris' message runs counter to the 'American energy bonanza' media campaign these megacorps have been touting to their stakeholders.

You can listen to his segment here:

http://www.wwl.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6114611

From WWL's press packet:

"WWL radio is THE heritage station in New Orleans and the Gulf South.  This 50,000 watt giant reaches 5 Gulf states during the day and 30+ states at night.   WWL is THE  News, Talk & Sports leader. We’re the voice of the world champions, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Hornets & LSU Tigers.   We’re also the emergency broadcast station & remained on the air before, during and after Hurricane Katrina and when the levees broke and most recently Hurricane Isaac.  WWL is the lifeline for New Orleanians and people of the Gulf South.  WWL is located at 870am on the dial.  The station simulcasts on 105.3fm and streams world-wide at www.wwl.com"

RJE's picture
RJE
Now, lets see, Chris does a

Now, lets see, Chris does a truly wonderful infomercial with a respected Fitzgerald and KM. From that we get an interview with a radio host in the oil block states in the South. The message I agree with and what Chris has taught me is filtered out to just one highly motivated person who turns 50,000 people on to the site, and all that is expressed here. I'd say that was a forward thinking, unselfish, and a smart thing to do as we are not selfish here to the Crash Course or PP ideals. This done to an audience that will see frequent and possibly damaging HURRICANES, Oil spills and possible sink hole explosion. I love it!

Chris, I have been burning both sides of the candle for 4 years, every day, easily 12 hours a day, reading books, researching, studying numbers and charts just to get caught up with everything, and last night I slept 10 hours. I haven't done that since I was in high school if ever. While I slept I was at a seminar and we were to break up into groups and you were the leader of that group. You didn't seem so pleased either that I was in your group. I woke and understood. This afternoon I will try and take a break from everything (fat chance). Thanks for everything and for this site. I really cannot get enough.

For the good Folks out there. I have taken on as part of my preparations and resiliency to be the safe house in the neighborhood. Should anything happen unexpectedly then parents will have their children, or they themselves are allowed to call on me should anything happen at their homes. I can accommodate anyone in need. I know the Men or Women who have special qualities and these people know who they are. I will match people with problems. I say this because it has worked in spades as intended. Kids lock themselves out of their homes, parents need a jump for their batteries, gas for their car. If you can please try and be leaders by example then others will just get more resilient when they actually see what you have done. I have no doubts this will effect others to action. We all know what the future has in store for us so when that time hits we would have already planned for a neighborhood who knows first where to go, and from there you direct on the adults in the group what they should do. I have one woman who just by networking reminding everyone that they get 20 gallons of gasoline stored and to please keep their vehicles topped off. Then suggested to start to have at least two weeks of food for their families, and told them why, just look at Sandy or remember when our power was off for a couple weeks not to long ago. 

OK, that's it, and nice Chris, because that interview effected someone and may have saved their lives come what may. Good stuff.

No response necessary 

Respectfully Given

BOB

RJE's picture
RJE
I just read Adams intro, and

I just read Adams intro, and was even happier because this radio station talks to way more than 50,000 I just guest estimated. COOL!

I'll have to start reading everything Adam writes because he is frankly terrific.

BOB

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
You mean

Bob -

You mean you don't already read everything I write?!?!  

:)

RJE's picture
RJE
I do Adam, this weekend I am

I do Adam, this weekend I am overloaded and, well, slacked a bit. Then again guilt was heavy, and so I read as you took the time to write, and as always was further enlightened (how's that for back tracking?) LOL

Lions in 28 min.

Be Good

BOB

RJE's picture
RJE
Hey Adam, I do believe your

Hey Adam, I do believe your posting of a week ago is about to hit the century mark!!! I'm pulling for you Big Fella. I think that would be a first. See, everybody loves you! LOL

BOB

kmaher's picture
kmaher
Congratulations to Chris,

Congratulations to Chris, Adam and the rest of you folks at PP!  It seems that this radio host found you through the production you did a while back that had been so controversial here.  Well, at the least, it gave you an opportunity to reach a large audience with your message in this interview.  Good interview and keep up your efforts.

Kevin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments