Economics Deconstructed - Explaining the causes of our perpetual/infinite growth paradigm

1 post / 0 new
StrivingForConsistency's picture
StrivingForCons...
Economics Deconstructed - Explaining the causes of our perpetual/infinite growth paradigm

Hello!

I am new to the forum and I am here to share a YouTube video (my own 'crash course' if you like) that I have recently created (the first installment anyway):

In it I explore the process of money creation through fractional reserve lending and central banking in more detail and show how it leads to our current perpetual & infinite growth paradigm (or ponzi economic system). I also explain why the categorical statement "the interest of a loan does not exist therefore it can't be repaid" is actually wrong and how it is theoretically possible given a few prerequisits, which are - alas - not fulfilled in reality.

I also talk about sovereign debt, gdp growth and interest rates quite a bit and to ensure that everybody can actually follow my explanations, I present the most basic facts about balances and a few key definitions like solvency and leverage in the beginning.

You will find quite a few similarities to the crash course and Salman Khans (of Khan Academy) money and banking videos and I actually think of my video as a fusion of their videos with a few additions of my own, so I credit them in the end.

I hope you like it!

Login or Register to post comments