How to prepare for World War ?

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
earthwise's picture
earthwise
Spice worms??!! No problem!

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Considering the Soviets don't have an earth penetrating weapon that can burrow deeply enough to crater a big enough hole to trigger an eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, thisis nothing more than a science fiction story run amok.  Theoretically it could work, but you need an EPW.

Now a nuclear strike releasing the spice worms in Death Valley.....?  That is for real.  Maud'dib told me.  And we all know House Atreides would never lie.  House Harkonnen would, but never House Atreides.

Just call in Reba

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Deleted:double post

Deleted:double post

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Yeah, but ...

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Now a nuclear strike releasing the spice worms in Death Valley.....?  That is for real.

Dogs

Yeah, but aren't they on the endangered species list?  Must not be many of them left.  Do they have spice worms in Russia that we can target for release?  Was that part of that famous "window of vulnerability" Reagan kept telling us about?  Or am I getting as confused as he was?

Travlin 

fred42's picture
fred42
Nuking the Yellowstone Chaldera would ever lead to eruption

Hi Dogs_In_A_Pile!

Nuking the Yellowstone Chaldera would ever lead to an eruption.

If you would use an ancient nuke like in Hiroshima maybe you would getting the eruption emerging closer to a 10 years time frame or a single randomly placed h-bomb would get the eruption getting closer as one year or weeks or so.

Such shock would do it's work ever. The thinnest crust there is only 3 miles thick. And a 4 mt h-bomb vaporises a half mile of rock alone.

But you could also send a swarm of multiple warheaded and modified icmb's around the moon an accelerate them to 50000 miles/h. The first two ones wipe away the upper and lower atmosphere, the other could weld a channel through the crust with every aditional fireball. I have seen in one of the "Declassified US Nuclear Test Film's" (available on youtube) that they are capable of keeping another nuke functioning while it is struck by the fireball of another and getting it going off in schedule.

So!

1. You could weld through the thin crust of the Yellowstone Caldera with accelerated multiple warhead

send around the moon to let it look like a natural sudden eruption.

2.  Or you could bring the eruption of that overdue supervulcano closer with a randomly placed h-bomb 

or atomic bomb into a timeframe where chaos erupts and the USA totally collapses first. If the 

eruption comes closer than 10 or 1 years due to an unsophisticated nuclear terror act the USA and

our civilization is toast. Consider the chaos! 

I would propose to use it as energy source and learn how to trill for magma. Since this supervulcano isoverdue too. There is so much nonsence business and things going on while this thing is more activeand overdue. There have to be things done! on the other hand do i consider Wyoming as broke in case of investments. Every dollar spend there is wasted ... (also Idaho and Montana)

have a nice day

fred42

ao's picture
ao
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Considering the Soviets don't have an earth penetrating weapon that can burrow deeply enough to crater a big enough hole to trigger an eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, thisis nothing more than a science fiction story run amok.  Theoretically it could work, but you need an EPW.

Now a nuclear strike releasing the spice worms in Death Valley.....?  That is for real.  Maud'dib told me.  And we all know House Atreides would never lie.  House Harkonnen would, but never House Atreides.

Just call in Reba

LOL, love it!  Nothing like a Holland & Holland to punctuate an large animal pest conflict.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Chasing the dragon?

fred42 wrote:

Hi Dogs_In_A_Pile!

Nuking the Yellowstone Chaldera would ever lead to an eruption.

If you would use an ancient nuke like in Hiroshima maybe you would getting the eruption emerging closer to a 10 years time frame or a single randomly placed h-bomb would get the eruption getting closer as one year or weeks or so.

Such shock would do it's work ever. The thinnest crust there is only 3 miles thick. And a 4 mt h-bomb vaporises a half mile of rock alone.

Sorry fred (or whoever you really are).  You've clearly spent too much time wandering through the parking lot of a Grateful Dead show and the accumulated psychotropic damage is manifesting itself.

Most of the energy from a Near Surface Burst or Surface Burst is reflected away.  Of the energy that is transferred into the ground, it is dissipated rapidly and won't form an underground Mach stem as there was no ground shock coupling.  You MUST have a weapon penetrate deep enough below the surface so that you get a shock wave reflected from the surface back down underground.  The subsequent coupling of the inciddent wave with the reflected wave will form the Mach stem underground - but you absolutely need to get the weapon DEEP underground.  Current weapons in the Russian arsenal can't penetrate deep enough to crack a magma dome three miles down.  No matter what you think.

A 4 megton warhead will not vaporize (or vaporise for you UK types) half a mile of rock.  That can be your secret.  And while most of our inventory utilizes Teller-Ulam warhead design, the multiple megaton yield weapons are long gone.

Quote:

But you could also send a swarm of multiple warheaded and modified icmb's around the moon an accelerate them to 50000 miles/h. The first two ones wipe away the upper and lower atmosphere, the other could weld a channel through the crust with every aditional fireball. I have seen in one of the "Declassified US Nuclear Test Film's" (available on youtube) that they are capable of keeping another nuke functioning while it is struck by the fireball of another and getting it going off in schedule.

Umm, no you can't.  I see no need to discuss escape velocities, orbital velocities and delta vees to theoretically chuck a couple of warheads around the moon, much less engineer the boosters to accomplish such a farcical endeavor. Again, your secret. 

BTW, Fireballs don't tunnel - they deposit caloric energy and burn stuff.

Quote:

So!

1. You could weld through the thin crust of the Yellowstone Caldera with accelerated multiple warhead

send around the moon to let it look like a natural sudden eruption.

Sure, right after Kim Kardashian and Snooki collaborate and win the Nobel Peace Prize in Physics and Economics.

Quote:

2.  Or you could bring the eruption of that overdue supervulcano closer with a randomly placed h-bomb 

or atomic bomb into a timeframe where chaos erupts and the USA totally collapses first. If the 

eruption comes closer than 10 or 1 years due to an unsophisticated nuclear terror act the USA and

our civilization is toast. Consider the chaos! 

I would propose to use it as energy source and learn how to trill for magma. Since this supervulcano isoverdue too. There is so much nonsence business and things going on while this thing is more activeand overdue. There have to be things done! on the other hand do i consider Wyoming as broke in case of investments. Every dollar spend there is wasted ... (also Idaho and Montana)

have a nice day

fred42

Your soundboard wiring is a little jacked up.  I have exceeded my "response to troll" quota for the decade.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Travlin wrote: Dogs_In_A_Pile

Travlin wrote:

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Now a nuclear strike releasing the spice worms in Death Valley.....?  That is for real.

Dogs

Yeah, but aren't they on the endangered species list?  Must not be many of them left.  Do they have spice worms in Russia that we can target for release?  Was that part of that famous "window of vulnerability" Reagan kept telling us about?  Or am I getting as confused as he was?

Travlin 

Russian spice worms form abiotic oil suitable for use in aromatherapy.

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Challenges and obstacles to deal with in a "world war"

Gemel,

I've followed the thread with some interest, though I apologize that I have been too busy to chime in until now. I've given a lot of thought to this subject, not because I like to but because the growing beat of the war drums (not just from the US side of things) combined with resource scarcity makes it an unfortunately probable scenario.

Like Mark Cochrane and others, I think that if such a thing comes to pass, I expect the more likely (though certainly not only) path would involve a large number of smaller conventional conflicts, with most major powers fighting proxy wars through nations of strategic interest and natural resources.  And if there are any nuclear weapons used, it will likely be either limited exchanges between smaller powers (India vs. Pakistan for example) or maybe more probable is Dogs' scenario where rogue states or non-state actors obtaining and detonating one or more small-yield nukes at sites that are fitting to their agenda.  The larger powers, if they confront each other directly at all, perhaps would focus mostly on destroying the other's economy, the ability to project force, access to air & sea, and selected infrastructure, by either conventional military means or nonconventional (cyber-warfare and espionage/sabotage) ones.  Invasion or occupation would probably be seen as too problematic and costly.  But then again I do not claim to have experience in the military or with military strategy, so I may be wrong.  There's only so much that book learning and listening to the more knowledgeable can teach you.

Anyway, based on such a scenario some possible challenges we might see might include:

- Scarcity of food and critical living essentials in conflict areas, or in those areas subject and vulnerable to embargos or sanctions.
- High prices and rationing of fuel; expect any rationing to be applied most heavily on ordinary drivers and more lightly on those in business or working in areas of strategic interest (food, fuel, defense, etc), and expect fraud and black markets in fuel delivery and dispensation to play a large part in that environment.
- Global trade will likely drop dramatically, as well as stocks not involved in energy, food production, basic essentials, and defense.
- Higher unemployment, at least at first, as global trade and market drops trigger business failures and layoffs. Unemployment may decrease later on as demand from the military, industries of national strategic interest, and domestic security takes up the slack.  But it is likely high inflation or currency crises may make these poor-paying jobs at best.
- Accelerated currency devaluation and high inflation in most things is likely in nations at war, and moreso seen in food, fuel, basic essentials. In some nations this may develop into a currency crisis or full-blown hyperinflation.

- Extremely tightened security and restrictions in cross-border travel are very likely; later this may spread to domestic travel, depending on the number of any mass shootings and bombings by elements involved with or working for opposing nations/forces, or possibly due to domestic civil unrest and protests.
- Internet and electronic commerce & banking restrictions and/or blackouts may be experienced at times, either by cyber-warfare from hostile forces, by the government guarding from said cyber-attacks (or to suppress domestic dissent), or by the normal degradation of complex systems and infrastructure in a declining economy.
- Capital controls will likely be put in place; maybe at first focusing on keeping money from getting to opposing nations and groups, and then perhaps later expanded to keep wealth from leaving the country if currency debasement accelerates.
- In conflict areas, there will be an increased possibility of destruction of life and/or property due to conflicts directly related to war. In non-conflict areas that are participating in foreign wars, there may be an increased possibility of shootings and bombings by agents of opposing nations/forces in areas of high visibility or strategic interest.
- Antibiotics and certain medicines may get in short supply; in non-conflict areas this may translate to major price increases, and in conflict areas they may become as rare and as valuable as gold.
- The possibility of conscription for national service (not necessarily standard military drafts; 'special skills' drafts are possible considerations) and full activation of active reserve and individual ready reserve soldiers (or whatever the equivalent is countries other than the US).
- A growing intolerance for, and greater suppression of, resistance and criticism of government and its policies in a time of war. This may range anywhere from public ostracism or brief detention & questioning, all the way to indefinite detention or violent response or exile, depending on the nature of the nation and government in question.

Of course I'm sure there are more challenges and hazards for such a scenario.  So what other developments can we see coming about from this scenario (I can see outbreak of disease as being one)?  What can we do now to mitigate these issues, and what is the best response or course of action to take in the face of some of these problems?  The standard preps and precautionary planning do well in covering most of these problems, but those few exceptions are biggies and hard to ignore (conscription, risk to life & property in conflict areas, etc.).

- Nick

ralfy's picture
ralfy
Some suggest practicing

Some suggest practicing survival skills and more needed for sustainability, e.g., growing, processing, and storing your own food through permaculture, etc., water storage, etc.

alohalani's picture
alohalani
Preparation for War

In today's time it is not impossible to have another country invade the skies above devil 

What precautions can we as the people take to protect our selves against an invasion for I no as true fact that civilans are not the US Goverments problem and it has been proven, that in past times civilans got in the way of survival.

Can you please send a brochure on preparing myself for this type of survival,just incase something occurs in the State of California-City of Oakland:

I thank the United States  Department of Veterans Affairs US Governement section for bringing back into the protection of the US Government {just incase WAR breaks out here for some on Godly reason:

We are all sitting ducks that are left in the dark through our disloyalty to the US Government and the system that needs not protect the people but protect the relm of US Governemnt Personnel Persons all political parties are under the umbrella of protection:

Just ME: Faith Anastais Alohalani Ayau Agrigado Aina Ayau {Aloha}

The time is near the hour is now the day is delayed what am i a mother daughter and grand mother of the generations of our Hawaiian Nations of People-US Governement Treaty:

Aloha

Pointless_1990's picture
Pointless_1990
These are all valid points

These are all valid points and interesting ways in which a World War may erupt but we need to stop asking what our governments can do to protect us and start learning ways to protect and fend for ourselves because at the end of the day it all began with survival and may very well end that way.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments