How to search the forum

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
DianeElizabeth's picture
DianeElizabeth
How to search the forum

Is anyone else confused about how to search the forums?  The search bar at the top yields no forum search results.  There is no search bar within the forums.  Am I to believe that finding a topic I want involves click the next page and scanning the titles?

Or am I really that daft and just can't figure out how to narrow information beyond "America" or the "The Middle East"?

Any suggestions?

Rwrek's picture
Rwrek
How to search the forum

I agree. I thought early on there WAS a search capability for the forum of interest.

If you are daft, there are at least two of us. ;-)

Maybe somone will enlighten us.

searesponse's picture
searesponse
Yeah. I don't get it eaiter. 

Yeah. I don't get it eaiter. 

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
Forums

Go to discuss search bar and click to that and at bottom of page you'll see forums.

Have a nice day.

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
you're not crazy

The old forums were searchable, but the only way to find something in the new ones that I have found is tedious: I go to each page and use the browser menu to click "edit"and then "find on this page." And thwqt was only because I knew things were there in the past to begin with!

We should all email the site admin to see if they can make the forums searchable again. I emailed them; you should, too.

ynanlin's picture
ynanlin
A simple search term

A simple search term (site:www.peakprosperity.com) added to your Google search box should help you find things in the forum (don't add parentheses). Add more keywords for better search results.

admin's picture
admin
safewrite wrote: We should

safewrite wrote:

We should all email the site admin to see if they can make the forums searchable again.

The forums are searchable, and always have been.  As an example, I selected a random post in the forums titled "Withdrawing 401K" (http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/withdrawing-401k/71689).  I scrolled to the post comments and look for a term to use for my search.  I decided to use "self-employed 401K".  See the picture below:

--------------------------------------

I use the search field in the upper right corner and enter the term "self-employed 401K".  I scroll down and the 5th entry is the exact comment from the 401K Withholding forum thread.  It also says "Forum topic" in the lower left corner, so we know it is from the forums.

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
great explanation on how to search forums

Thanks for sharing but you might want to put those instructions at the opening page for the forums. Otherwise new people will just keep asking.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments