Suggestion - Login Cookie

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
LesPhelps's picture
LesPhelps
Suggestion - Login Cookie

It would be nice to have the option to remain logged in, instead of having to log in every time the site is opened.

A check box on the Log In page titled "Keep me logged in on this computer" that results in a log in cookie being placed on the computer would do the trick.

Regards,

Les Phelps

csadvisor's picture
csadvisor
RE: login cookie

I concur.

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Login/out issue is being fixed

Les - as mentioned earlier on the site, the issue with having to log-in frequently is a bug we're in process of fixing. While I don't have an ETA yet, it shouldn't be too much longer & I'll announce the fix here on the site when it happens.

As an FYI, Forum threads aren't a good place for this kind of feedback. Your comments will get to us much more quickly and effectively if you use the Contact Us link in the site footer (at bottom of every page) to continue to alert us to any features that aren't working as they should. Categorize your submission as "Feedback" to help us notice it even more quickly.

admin's picture
admin
Please clear your browser

Please clear your browser cookies per the instructions here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies

Then report back to let us know if you are still seeing your session log out.  Thank you.

Denny Johnson's picture
Denny Johnson
OK now

Thanks Adam............I had and removed one each CM and PP cookies, rebooted, logged on, rebooted, am still logged on.

Firefox users........Adam's link says "go to Tools > Options"..............if you don't see OPTIONS under TOOLS........go to EDIT > PREFERENCES and continue w instructions at the link.

Denny Johnson's picture
Denny Johnson
mmmmmmm

perhaps I wrote too soon.........have been in suspend for over an hour.........had to log in again returning from suspend

admin's picture
admin
While we continue to make

While we continue to make various adjustments regarding caching, sessions, and security, you may see occasional situations where your account becomes "logged out".  We expect this will soon stabilize as we're making less changes and eventually it won't be necessary to clear cookies again.  Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Doug's picture
Doug
chrome

I tried to follow the instructions for Google Chrome, but after step 2 there is no Under the Hood selection that comes up.  I keep getting logged out.

Doug

SailAway's picture
SailAway
Re: Google Chrome

That's strange Doug, I use Chrome as well (version 18.0.1025.168 m) and I can see the "Under the Hood" 3rd line under the Setting column. 

That being said I was logged off this morning...

Doug's picture
Doug
clear browser

SailAway wrote:

That's strange Doug, I use Chrome as well (version 18.0.1025.168 m) and I can see the "Under the Hood" 3rd line under the Setting column. 

That being said I was logged off this morning...

I never did see "Under the Hood" but was able to find the clear browser box.  We'll see if it works.

Doug

admin's picture
admin
Chrome changed their settings

Chrome changed their settings panel with the release of version 19 several weeks ago.  It can now be found at "Settings" > "Show Advanced Settings ..." (link at the bottom of the page) > "Clear browsing data..."

Doug's picture
Doug
admin wrote: Chrome changed

admin wrote:

Chrome changed their settings panel with the release of version 19 several weeks ago.  It can now be found at "Settings" > "Show Advanced Settings ..." (link at the bottom of the page) > "Clear browsing data..."

Yes, that's how I found it.  But still, I just was logged out while writing a post.  Lost it again.

Doug

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
Login

Thanks Adam.  As usual, you are on top of the situation.  Ernest

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Cookies and logging out

As 'Admin' wrote, a LOT of the getting logged out is due to behind the scenes fixing and patching that is happening in earnest right now and serves to log everyone out when certain procedures are performed.

That will be tapering off over the next few days and then we will have a nice, stable environment like we had before where we can all stay logged in for as many days or weeks seem appropriate.  :)

Thank you for your continued patience, these really big site changes just come along with a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out.  

We're working on them as fast and as diligently as we can.

JAG's picture
JAG
Still being logged out

FYI: I'm still being logged out, even after resetting cookies.

Best...Jeff

(Safari 5.1.7)

Doug's picture
Doug
oh, ok

Guess I just won't post for a while.  The world will be none the poorer.crying

Doug

SailAway's picture
SailAway
Re: Cookies and logging out

Look at the bright side Chris, as a consequence of the frequent "logging out", the "logging in" has been tested extensively and works very well wink

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Logged out

I am using Firefox and I get logged out every time I navigate away from here. And yes I have cleared cookies.

Ken C's picture
Ken C
update to my previous post

There is an option (with Firefox anyway) to clear cookies for certain time period. I used what was the default which was for the last two hours and I got logged out always. When I went back to tools and cleared cookies for "Everything" time period it appears to not log me out now. Just thought I would pass along this bit of info.

Ken

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments