2012 Gold Sovereign in UK ... Good Buy?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mogga71's picture
mogga71
2012 Gold Sovereign in UK ... Good Buy?

Hi all

I have foolishly been putting off purchasing some gold for a while now but really feel that I need to buy some pretty damned quick now as I can see things going to pieces very quickly when TSRDHTF.

Question for you : I am thinking that buying some 2012 Gold Sovereigns would be a good idea.  I live in the UK and they are CGT and VAT free. They are small and so that may be used for trading for goods etc. if necessary.  I was thnking of buying from BullionByPost.

I would appreciate some advice as I dont want to buy these only to learn that I would have better off with Eagles, Kugererrands or even Sovereigns.

Thanks

james_knight_chaucer's picture
james_knight_chaucer
 I think you may as well

I think you may as well buy the cheapest 'old' sovereigns you can get your hands on. They have the same amount of gold in them as 2012 ones.

mryuri's picture
mryuri
Gold coins

I would buy some silver coins too. (maples, silver eagles etc) as the lower value would be better for trade. gold coins would be a good way to hold onto larger wealth to try and get it through the financial tsunami about to sweep most people away...

SeniorD's picture
SeniorD
Remember: Long John Silver

I agree with mryuri,

Silver is "less" expensive and therefore much easier to spend or trade for smaller things like foodstuffs...

If things really get dicey, would you rather have fewer very valuble coins or many more less valuble coins?

Some of each makes good sense, pun intended, especially for trading...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments