$10 trillion geometric error in U.S. interest calculation formula

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
TimothyPMadden's picture
TimothyPMadden
$10 trillion geometric error in U.S. interest calculation formula

Hi: I am a member of Ellen Brown's public banking forum and was referred to this site by another member. Ellen is the author of Web of Debt.

I wrote the attached piece on what is known as the "nominal method" of interest calculation. The most salient aspect of the nominal method is that it is objectively fraudulent and has been prohibited as criminal fraud in the U.K. since 1974. Yet it has been required by law in the U.S. since 1968 under the federal Consumer Protection Act (Regulation Z). The difference carry-forward now accounts for about $5 trillion of consumer debt in the U.S., and about $10 trillion for the U.S., Canada, and the rest of Europe combined.

The reason the other member of the public banking forum referred me to this site is that it is the same underlying mathematics of geometric growth that define many of the issues addressed by this site, and after viewing The Crash Course I concur completely.

How then can the Crash Course use the nominal method issue to promote itself? 

First, however, is the connection clear to members of this forum, or do I need to work more on the presentation?

Comments and criticisms appreciated. Thanks. Tim.

Sylq's picture
Sylq
Nominal Rate

I have long understood that there was a problem here, I however never imagined this depth, nor was I aware that it was considered fraudulent anywhere. it just shows us another yawning crack in our bridge to nowhere, how it hasn't crumbled yet I have no clue.

TimothyPMadden's picture
TimothyPMadden
Nominal Rate

Hi again: I have received a few comments and suggestions and have amended the piece accordingly (mostly broke up some of the longer paragraphs to make it more readable). Oops - having said that I don't seem to be able to upload the new version by way of a comment on the existing post. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks. Tim.

csweningsen's picture
csweningsen
What happened to Tim?

No response, no upload at this address - anyone know what's up?

TimothyPMadden's picture
TimothyPMadden
Nominal Rate

Hi: I am still here but have not been checking the site very often - sorry about that. I recall getting an email from you and I thought that I had responded from my gmail account. I've done another update and will try and post it this afternoon - just need to save it as a pdf first. Tim.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments