#1 Google trend this week? "Fox News caught in news manipulation against Ron Paul"

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
#1 Google trend this week? "Fox News caught in news manipulation against Ron Paul"

This is very blatant! Fox News, cut and inserted, video footage from last year's CPAC Straw Poll, where Mitt Romney supporters boo'ed the results announcement (Ron Paul won there and then too).

Article, with video: http://www.prisonplanet.com/68133.html

Also found this Fox 'subliminal message' vid from the last Presidential election: http://streetknowledge.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/ideo-fox-news-sending-subliminal-messages/

With all this corruption happening, many ask, 'what can I do?'

Maybe boycotting Fox Television might be a good start?

Rihter's picture
Rihter
Re: #1 Google trend this week? "Fox News caught in news ...

I watched this on another site. There aren't words that can capture the disgust I have for the games Fox plays with peoples lives/opinions.

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be very proud of his protogees at Fox.

JAG's picture
JAG

Thanks John.

MarkM's picture
MarkM

I watched this last night and even the cynical, distrustful me was in utter disbelief.

Someone please tell me that the report is itself a lie. Otherwise, I have reached a new level of hopelessness over the situation our country is in.

tom.'s picture
tom.

Fox's hate for Ron Paul is not news, if you watched the last republican primary debates.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Wow.

That is completely unacceptable on any and every level.

Fox should lose their licence and pronto over that.  Not a meaningless fine in 3 years after appeals, but immediate suspension of their operating licence for a harmful period of time.

And the guys detailed in Matt Taibbi's latest piece all need to go to jail.

But neither will happen.

patrickhenry's picture
patrickhenry

Fox news apologized on air today.

Fox did not, however,  air the correct clip of this year's CPAC with enthusiastic cheering after Dr. Paul was announced the winner.

Unfortunately , as Tom pointed out, the Fox smear campaign against Dr. Paul will continue if he runs for Prez

Media bias and propanganda is one reason I threw my TV out the window, so to speak, 3 years ago.

MarkM's picture
MarkM

As time passes and the examples accumulate, it becomes evident that we are subjected to countless "honest mistakes" each day.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Fox has been doing this sort of thing for a long time. Nothing new here.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

MarkM wrote:

As time passes and the examples accumulate, it becomes evident that we are subjected to countless "honest mistakes" each day.

Yes, an "honest mistake."

I loved this response in the viewer's comments beneath the Youtube apology video:

Yes, it was a simple mistake, because Fox doesn't index its files by date or event. It indexes them by the appearance of the people in the video.

You have to be completely brain dead to even accept their apology.

darbikrash's picture
darbikrash

FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”

February 10, 2011 7:20 am ET by Eric Boehlert

Asked what most viewers and observers of Fox News would be surprised to learn about the controversial cable channel, a former insider from the world of Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

Indeed, a former Fox News employee who recently agreed to talk with Media Matters confirmed what critics have been saying for years about Murdoch’s cable channel. Namely, that Fox News is run as a purely partisan operation, virtually every news story is actively spun by the staff, its primary goal is to prop up Republicans and knock down Democrats, and that staffers at Fox News routinely operate without the slightest regard for fairness or fact checking.   

“It is their M.O. to undermine the administration and to undermine Democrats,” says the source. “They’re a propaganda outfit but they call themselves news.”

And that’s the word from inside Fox News.

Note the story here isn’t that Fox News leans right. Everyone knows the channel pushes a conservative-friendly version of the news. Everyone who’s been paying attention has known that since the channel’s inception more than a decade ago. The real story, and the real danger posed by the cable outlet, is that over time Fox News stopped simply leaning to the right and instead became an open and active political player, sort of one-part character assassin and one-part propagandist, depending on which party was in power. And that the operation thrives on fabrications and falsehoods.

“They say one thing and do another. They insist on maintaining this charade, this façade, that they’re balanced or that they’re not right-wing extreme propagandist,” says the source. But it’s all a well-orchestrated lie, according this former insider. It’s a lie that permeates the entire Fox News culture and one that staffers and producers have to learn quickly in order to survive professionally.

“You have to work there for a while to understand the nods and the winks,” says the source. “And God help you if you don’t because sooner or later you’re going to get burned.”

The source explains:

“Like any news channel there’s lot of room for non-news content. The content that wasn’t ‘news,’ they didn’t care what we did with as long as it was amusing or quirky or entertaining;  as along as it brought in eyeballs.  But anything—anything--that was a news story you had to understand what the spin should be on it. If it was a big enough story it was explained to you in the morning [editorial] meeting. If it wasn’t explained, it was up to you to know the conservative take on it. There’s a conservative take on every story no matter what it is. So you either get told what it is or you better intuitively know what it is.”

What if Fox News staffers aren’t instinctively conservative or don’t have an intuitive feeling for what the spin on a story should be? “My internal compass was to think like an intolerant meathead,” the source explains. “You could never error on the side of not being intolerant enough.”

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

darbikrash wrote:

FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”

What if Fox News staffers aren’t instinctively conservative or don’t have an intuitive feeling for what the spin on a story should be? “My internal compass was to think like an intolerant meathead,” the source explains. “You could never error on the side of not being intolerant enough.”

Thanks for the laugh.

John99's picture
John99

Here's an interesting example of Fox's subliminal messaging in their video feeds during the last election:

http://streetknowledge.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/ideo-fox-news-sending-subliminal-messages/

and, an older article where Fox owner, Rupert Murdoch, happily admits to adding subliminal messaging in programs like 24 Hours, Family Guy and The Simpsons:

http://azumuth.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/fox-admits-to-planting-political-brainwashing-in-popular-tv-shows/

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Outfoxed

This'll be about the third time, all told, that I've put up the 2004 documentary Outfoxed in the two years I've posted here. Every time I put it up, someone new to the site, or someone who missed my post a previous time, makes a comment beneath.

This is an incredibly precise document that exposes the type of propoganda used within the show, and I don't just ask, I demand that it be watched!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1315719834301238577#

"Media is the nervous system of a democracy. If it's not functioning well, the democracy can't function" - Jeff Cohen ~ Former MSNBC/ Fox News contributor

Thanks for the head up John!!

~ VF ~

earthwise's picture
earthwise

All the focus of this story has been on Fox News. I think it speaks much louder for Ron Paul than aginst Fox News.

MarkM's picture
MarkM

earthwise,

I agree completely. It seems as though he really frightens some of those in power, as evidenced by their actions.

patrickhenry,

Watching Dr. Paul's campaign in '08 was a period of enlightenment for me. The way he was singled out and ridiculed in the debates spoke volumes about the integrity of the those that make up the power structure in this country.

Now, as then, he continues to calmly educate and work to change the course of this country to what he, I think, truly believes will be in the best interest of all of us. Whether he is wrong or right, he works in a dignified manner. Many could take a lesson from him.

patrickhenry's picture
patrickhenry

MarkM

When I was questioning, in 2007, why young Americans and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians were dying in Iraq, when the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, I found Dr. Paul.  Ron Paul woke me from my sheep sleep.  Life changing journey since then, to say the least.

For one thing, my children are now growing up learning what liberty means.

jneo's picture
jneo

FOX NEWS "FAIR AND BALANCED".........NAAA MORE LIKE FOX NEWS "WE DECEIVE YOU BELIEVE" or is that israel? Oh yeah it's both

goes211's picture
goes211

patrickhenry wrote:

MarkM

When I was questioning, in 2007, why young Americans and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians were dying in Iraq, when the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, I found Dr. Paul.  Ron Paul woke me from my sheep sleep.  Life changing journey since then, to say the least.

For one thing, my children are now growing up learning what liberty means.

Amen to that. 

I was working in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and watched those planes hit the towers.  I will tell you I was pissed and I wanted blood and practically any brown colored person would do.  At that time I bought into the fear and the lies and supported the US throwing its weight around internationally.  Somehow it seemed sensible to me for the US to act in ways, that if it was any other country, I would have been appalled.  Now I am ashamed that I ever had those feelings. 

There were others that helped my awakening but probably the biggest early contribution was listening to Ron Paul.  That man is a true national treasure.

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson

I can't agree more about FOX should loose its' license.  It is NOT news, but propoganda.  I agree that, "Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be very proud of his protegees at Fox."  I call it the Neo-Nazi Network.

John99's picture
John99

Take away their licence? Sadly, we are heading in the opposite direction.

New York Times:

The head of the Federal Communications Commission has circulated an ambitious plan to relax the decades-old media ownership rules, including repealing a rule that forbids a company to own both a newspaper and a television or radio station in the same city.

Kevin J. Martin, chairman of the commission, wants to repeal the rule in the next two months -- a plan that, if successful, would be a big victory for some executives of media conglomerates.

Among them are Samuel Zell, the Chicago investor who is seeking to complete a buyout of the Tribune Company, and Rupert Murdoch, who has lobbied against the rule for years so that he can continue controlling both The New York Post and a Fox television station in New York.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/18/business/media/18broadcast.html?_r=1&ref=business

earthwise's picture
earthwise

If all licenses were taken away for journalistic malpractice, then there would be silence. It's not feasible to police news outlets through government. It's up to a diligent populace to inform themselves, not depending on having info spoon fed. Sadly, we've become lazy and comfortable in our recliners with a remote control. Depending on TV news is like living on drive-thru fast food: unhealthy

dshields's picture
dshields

If this is true then it is shameful.  Fox should apologize in writing and on their news shows for a week.  And, give Paul some free air time for the next election.

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak

In the clip of the debate the questioner asked about how Dr. Paul could hope to win when his views are so far off from the other candidates', etc. The real question should have been, "You clearly understand monetary policy, the Constitution, free markets, and the original intent of the founding fathers far better than any of the other candidates on either side of the aisle and on top of that you have not been corrupted by the power of holding public office like the others, but honestly, do you think there are enough voters that understand the extreme mess we'll be in if one of these other guys gets elected?" 

John99's picture
John99
Today's heaedline: Ron Paul

Today's heaedline:

Ron Paul Is A Vicious Anti-Semite and Anti-American and Conservatives Need To Wash Their Hands of Him

by David Horowitz
Posted on February 17 2011 1:25 pm
David Horowitz is the editor-in-chief of NewsReal Blog and FrontPage Magazine. He is the President and CEO of the David Horowitz Freedom Center. His most recent book is Reforming Our Universities

Long ago Bill Buckley drummed the anti-Semites out of the conservative movement, and the movement thrived as a result. But the Jew-haters have returned.  For years the Texas crackpot, Ron Paul, has been attacking America and Israel as imperialist powers — the Great Satan and the Little Satan, and calling for America’s retreat from the battle against our totalitarian enemies. At the recent CPAC conference Paul’s Jew-hating storm-troopers swarmed the Freedom Center’s table to vent their spleen against Israel as a Nazi state. Now Paul is making a priority of withdrawing aid for Israel  — the only democracy in the Middle East and the only reliable ally of the United States. Here is an alert from Gary Bauer about the amendment Ron Paul is proposing which may be voted on today.

Link:

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/02/17/ron-paul-is-a-vicious-anti-semite-and-anti-american-and-conservatives-need-to-wash-their-hands-of-him/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nrb-feature+%28NewsReal+Blog+%C2%BB+Feature%29

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

MarkM wrote:

Watching Dr. Paul's campaign in '08 was a period of enlightenment for me. The way he was singled out and ridiculed in the debates spoke volumes about the integrity of the those that make up the power structure in this country.

To mangle a Gandhi quote:  "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

rhare's picture
rhare
One thing to understand

One thing to understand before reading my comments, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, have read his books, met him in person, and given money to his campaign and PACs.

John99 wrote:
and, an older article where Fox owner, Rupert Murdoch, happily admits to adding subliminal messaging in programs like 24 Hours, Family Guy and The Simpsons:

No doubt, but I find NBC even worse.  I've sworn off many of the shows on NBC because of the overt political messages in the programming. The Law and Order series seems to be really bad, but many of the shows push the GE, Democratic party messages. However, I believe it is their right and I simply choose not to watch, and if I find it really aggregious I write to the sponsors and then choose not to buy their products.  I vote with my dollars.

ewilkerson wrote:
I can't agree more about FOX should loose its' license.

I find this type of "attitude" disturbing.  While I don't like what many of the "left leaning" networks say, I certainly believe they have every right to say them.  I even have to believe that Ron Paul would agree being Libertarian.  It's their right to say what they want, to show what they want, and to push any message they want.  If you don't like it, don't watch.

Now, that being said, I firmly believe we need to remove any funding from taxpayers for these political messages.  That goes for PBS, and the media monopolies being granted and condoned by the FCC.   Note - I do understand there is a fine line to walk with regard to public interest particularly with the over-the-air broadcasts due to use of available bandwith.   I believe the show in question is a cable only broadcast, so I'm not sure there is even a license, other than a business license.

cmartenson wrote:

Yes, an "honest mistake."

I loved this response in the viewer's comments beneath the Youtube apology video:

Yes, it was a simple mistake, because Fox doesn't index its files by date or event. It indexes them by the appearance of the people in the video.

You have to be completely brain dead to even accept their apology.

This is one I actually could see happening,  I suspect they actually don't have any tapes.  Most likely all video is stored digitally and they simply type in searches.  So if you happen to do searches like "Ron Paul CPAC win" and didn't closely check the date it would be very easy to select and air the wrong video, particularly if it wasn't labeled very well.  So this one I would have to give the benefit of the doubt that is was a mistake and they did air an apology.  Any way, I think this one has been blown way out of proportion, when I watch both videos they are very very similar, with yes better crowd response in 2011, but if they really wanted to shaft Ron Paul, they just wouldn't have run the story at all!

I will watch to see if they do give Ron Paul the shaft like they have in the past, primarily through exclusion, but that was the same for all networks, not just Fox.  I also find the exclusion of viable third party candidates from debates a serious issue that is related to media bias.  If you do as well, you might want to check out Open Debates.

On another note, Gary Johnson came in 3rd in the CPAC poll. If you don't know who he is, he is actually one that is willing to address many of the issues we face, you might want to check out his CPAC speech.  He did a lot of good for NM as governor.

docmims's picture
docmims
Ron Paul is not going to get

Ron Paul is not going to get a fair shake from any media outlet: fox, nbc, abc, weather channel, whatever, because they are all controlled by TPTB and he is an outsider.  I know! Let's just shut down news in general, because they might make further mistakes. Fox did make an apology and did let Ron Paul have like 3 live interviews after.  The "honest mistake" part should have never been said.  They should have just said we were wrong and left it at that.

My take on Fox News vs CNN is you have 2 Billionaires duking it out.  George Soros vs Rupert Murdoch.  They both have their own agendas on making themselves rich and they are rivals.  What? You thought George Soros was just out to "help" the little guy?  I've got news for you at least Rupert is obvious about the way he makes money and not trashing economies to make currency profits while the peasants starve like old George.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments