Comic relief: Dumb Ways To Die

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Wed, Feb 20, 2013 - 7:37pm

I had trouble deciding where to post this, but given the theme of the video, Personal Safety won out.

This video took the Taggart household by storm this past week; my daughters have been playing it incessantly (which probably reflects poorly on my parenting skills). Forgive me for the morbid comedy here, but after the recent bloodbath in the precious metals, my humor is definitely black.

Enjoy - and be warned: this simple, cute song is impossible to get out of your head!

Perhaps they should add one more scenario: being levered long in gold & silver when the shorts are winning...

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's Personal Safety and Home Defense Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community of precious metals enthusiasts have focused discussions on the developments most likely to impact gold & silver. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

OR, if you also enjoy sharing humor like this, consider joining Peak Prosperity's The Lighter Side Group. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

16 Comments

Gorilla23's picture
Gorilla23
Dumb Ways To Die

Thanks Adam!

RJE's picture
RJE
Cute Adam,

Carrying your downed Buck out of the woods on your shoulders during hunting season. You'd be surprised.

BOB

fionnbharr's picture
fionnbharr
The Fall

Adam,

can't take it with you cheeky

AkGrannyWGrit's picture
AkGrannyWGrit
Humor

This site deals with such serious and far reaching subjects that humor is a welcome addition! Keep it coming. Thanks Adam.

AK Granny

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
Soooo cute!!!  Your right

Soooo cute!!!  Your right Adam the song sticks in the head!   

Sonya

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Laughter.

Contributions to the Darwinian process are barely noted.

The time to be serious is when they are alive. Humour is appropriate after they have done the deed.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit

Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

The Rubaiyat.

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
choo choo

So Adam, does the train (North West Pacific) still run through Petaluma?  I used to work in Sebastopol when it still ran right down Main Street.  Good Old Days.....Aloha, Steve.

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson
The little buggers forgot

to add sequestration to their "dumb ways..."

AkGrannyWGrit's picture
AkGrannyWGrit
Arthur

This is meant ever so kindly.  You remind me a  tour I took out of Edinbourough, Scotland many years ago.  I thought this is going to be great as the tour guide speaks english.  Low and behold his Scotish brogue was so thick I only got about a third of what he was saying.  Sometimes I know you are communicating in english but I am not sure what you said.  You take me down paths and to sites I would never have traveled on my own.  Thanks for contributing, I have grown because you took the time to do so..

AK Granny

RJE's picture
RJE
Yep, Arthur rocks.

Higgs Field still has me buggin. Sooo glad I went there though. Not even a smidgen more enlightened but I am starting to have things stick. I like when things stick. More things start to stick and then...stick-ems everywhere!! Then Les comments, and I am scarred as he knows about Higgs, and offers his insight, and then I'm even more motivated, and, and, and...Yeah, dig you Arthur.

Respectfully Given

BOB

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
It's Murder Granny.

Studies (Link Lost) of real world success and failure have shown that stupid people are too dumb to survive.

Very clever people are too arrogant to survive. The only voice they listen to is their own..

Success goes to those who are clever enough and interested enough to follow the bouncing ball, but not clever enough to be deaf. (Teenage boys were excluded from the study).

I try to keep the data rate up.

Steinbeck(?) said, you write the words down and then you murder the little darlings.

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Proof of God's humour.

Take time out of you busy schedule to read this. Could it possibly be true?

RJE's picture
RJE
Arthur, but wait, the case had been re-opened...

by the Gay husband of the deceased, in Civil Court, on the charges of wrongful death. smiley He won, and the insurance company had to pay as the parents filed a claim with their insurance company for their broken window, and had to cover the expenses of the trial, and the settlement for the wrongful death. Justice at last!

BOB

ao's picture
ao
question i'd like to ask bush, obama, and bernanke

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Arthur Robey wrote: Take time

Arthur Robey wrote:

Take time out of you busy schedule to read this. Could it possibly be true?

He should have looked out the window.

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Aphoristic Aurthur

It's more what he doesn't say that says so much. That's the beauty of aphorisms. It often takes an eccentric to be good at them. Short and sweet can say more than long and sour. A humor thread isn't the place for this one, but you get the idea:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13607890-for-sale

Ernest Hemingway's shortest story...6 words can tell the story of a complete life.

Sorry, I wish I could have found something a little more humorous. It's so unlike me to post a downer in a humor thread. Must be the contrarian in me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments