Today's Jobs Report

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Fri, Feb 1, 2013 - 2:58pm

We're experimenting with boosting our PR outreach. One of our first hits came early this morning, when Chris was interviewed this by TheStreet on the just-released jobs report.

Chris had less than ten minutes to review the data before going live on air, and the entire interview lasted only tow, so the discussion ended up being pretty cursory. Had he had a little more time, he planned to mention that at this rate of job creation, we are 3-5 years away from bringing the unemployment rate down to the Fed's target of 6.5%, when it would stop easing. And that if nothing bad happens to derail the current momentum (a BIG if).

If you're living off of a fixed income, or managing a pension fund, that's means the end to poorly-yielding interest rates is still a long ways off.

[update: since posting this, Chris has since released his more detailed thoughts to our enrolled members]

Click the image below to watch the segment:

Hopefully, getting Chris out there on more widespread media will give him the opportunity to deliver our message to a bigger audience that can really benefit from hearing it. Today he also spoke with Dow Jones and with Amercia's Radio News. We'll post these as future media clips as we receive them.

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's Economy Wonks Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community of economic enthusiasts share news and engage in debate regarding all things economic. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

2 Comments

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Another New Chris interview

An interview Chris gave to Independent Living Bullion was also released today.

Click here to listen

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
Good interview- I read the

Good interview- I read the transcript.  After all these years I feel kind of dumb asking this question, but what, practically and effectually, is the difference between a Fiscal crisis, a Financial crisis and a Currency crisis?  Thanks, Aloha, Steve.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments