Maximizing Personal Safety and Home Defense

jimtaylor
By jimtaylor on Fri, Dec 28, 2012 - 1:09am

Personal safety and home defense is the set of habits, skills, attitudes, resources, attitudes, and equipment used to defend one’s self, property, and other people from various criminal threats in one’s home. It focuses mainly on one’s safety either inside or around the home. Generally, the threat comes from different criminal activities such as theft, home invasion robbery, burglary, assaults, and murder. Here are some of the main options that can serve the purpose of personal safety and home defense.

Self-Defense

Defending one’s property or self starts by understanding what self-defense means. There are many programs that teach everything that one needs to know about defending one’s self, family members, home, and all other important items. Also, there are defense courses that provide various techniques that are required in the learning process. These programs also help people to become more aware of other individuals, different situations that may happen, certain environments that need to be avoided, and specific things that one should look out for.

Protection Devices

Aside from learning the things mentioned above, one also needs to learn how to make use of the available protection devices. These devices can help prevent or stop any type of robbery or assault if used properly. They can be used in conjunction with the self-defense techniques and skills. Whether these devices are used by a male or a female, they serve a wide variety of purposes. These devices include stun guns, tasers, and pepper sprays.

Equipment

The most important equipment that one needs for personal safety and home defense are the most obvious: quality locks, solid windows and doors, exterior and interior lighting, and more. Usually, most burglars choose not to break a residence if it takes too long, too difficult, and too much noise that will only expose them to the public or police. There are many safety measures designed to make the potential burglars change their mind about breaking in a home.

Law Enforcement

Additionally, it is also important to understand that the law enforcement officers are always there to provide protection. In a situation where one’s personal safety is at risk, it is important to have someone contact the local authorities for help. In most cases, however, one cannot always wait for them to arrive and take actions, it is important to be always prepared just in case a certain situation presents itself.

Alarm Systems

Numerous companies offer burglary alarm systems that come with advanced technological structure. These systems allow home owners to remotely monitor their home using their smart phones and computers.

Their main functions are the following:

• Deter home burglary, invasion, or robbery attempts
• Create an alarm sound whenever an intrusion has occurred
• Send a notification to the law enforcement once an intrusion occurred.

Make sure to always arm the burglar alarm before going to sleep or leaving the house. Also, make it a habit to set the perimeter portion of the burglar alarm. Finally, ensure that the alarm company that monitors the alarm system and notifies the police during an intrusion has an updated list of phone numbers and names to call whenever a home intrusion is detected.

Author’s Bio: Jim Taylor is known for writing informative articles on Personal safety and Home Security Equipment related issues. He writes for HomeAlarmMonitoring.org also.You can catch him on Google+,Facebook And Twitter.

5 Comments

Poet's picture
Poet
Low Quality

I feel like I just read something generated for SEO (search engine optimization) by someone on Fiverr.com for $5. Quality low, zero lessons learned. I'm not apologetic when I say this, Jim Taylor, because if you claim to be an expert, you should sound like one. Instead I see you write other blog articles on real estate in New Jersey (though you claim that you are based in the UK) and ways to combat depression as well as how to find the right business credit card. Busted, bozo!

I'd like to point people instead to longtime member Tom (or Thc0655), a Philadelphia-area law enforcement officer who works on the streets and has seen a lot. Check out his contributions and comments.

Profile:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/users/thc0655

Here's a recent example:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/discussion/80350/home-burglary-relatives

Poet

jimtaylor's picture
jimtaylor
Low Quality

Hello

Poet

Thanks for your review and suggetion. I would try to improve my writing according your suggetion but I point I want to clarify that I am not doing any SEO for Fiverr.com.Also I have a little bit knowledge of SEO.I don't know in detail about SEO.I more thing I can't remember where I have write about real estate in New Jersey.Can You send me the Link please.  

Jim

Poet's picture
Poet
Jim Taylor Fake

I didn't say you were working for Fiverr.com - I said your quality sucks and you do a poor job of pretending.

You've done a good job of web page disappearances, "Jim Taylor". I saw that same picture of you as Jim Patrick living in Manchester, UK, passing off a bunch of articles on all sorts of topics, all of crap quality. And then I see a Twitter of you as Jim Earley of Bahrain now living in the U.S. Same picture. Wow.

http://twtrland.com/profile/mkearley2008

How can we trust you to be or say who you are, when your picture is used elsewhere under different names and the very lack of quality in your writings tell us that you are not an expert?

If you want to build some credibility, I suggest posting a picture of yourself holding a sign with the name "Jim Taylor" and today's date.

Poet

Calamity Jane's picture
Calamity Jane
Jim Taylor Fake

Hahahahaha! 

Sorry....I was reading the article thinking how generic it sounded and then saw the response by Poet, and I literally laughed out loud. 

Also, I agree. 

Calamity Jane's picture
Calamity Jane
Law Enforcement

I thought this was going to enlighten me on home safety and security. Local law enforcement, I better be doing a good enough job that I don't have to rely on that as a component of my personal protection plan!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments