What do you feel are the advantages to being a single prepper?

Amanda Witman
By Amanda Witman on Thu, Dec 6, 2012 - 5:33pm

Aside from the obvious, which is that you don't have to engage a partner in your decisions...  What are the advantages for you?  As a relatively newly partnerless prepper, I'm finding it easy to come up with disadvantages...I'd love to be encouraged and inspired with your positive perspectives, and I bet I'm not the only one. 

The only thing I can come up with is "no disagreements."  Surely there are more!  Do tell.

3 Comments

herewego's picture
herewego
singular advantages

This is an interesting question Amanda, and we come at it from opposite experiences.  All my preps have been solo, with some involvement of friends/family.

The obvious advantage is that I can follow my own best thinking with no interference.

My holdings/preps can be small and effecient.

I don't waste energy dragging unwilling people because they are attached to me.  I can cherry-pick prepping partners.

There is no-one to blame.  I sort it out or I don't.  Less confusion.

I'm not exhausted by care-giving children or other people who might act like children sometimes.

I make all the financial decisions and only have my own financial irrationalities to deal with.

If secrets need to be kept, being single makes that easy!

There's a short list for ya!  Time to get to work. Thanks for starting and maintaining this thread, and happy holidays!

Susan

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Putty.

I looked around for a partner, but then came to my senses. There is such a gulf between my view of reality and anyone elses that at my age would be unbridgeable.

What woman of my age would tolerate my preps? When women are young and silly they are plastic to be molded. (A necessity if the species is to survive).

At the moment I have other fish to fry. 

MyBackAchers's picture
MyBackAchers
My answer...

Boy Amanda, that is such a tough question to answer, but I can say this-

The Less you Have Holding you Down, the Higher you can Fly.

When you leave a long term relationship, for any reason, there are always going to be pluses and minuses to going it on your own. Just remember, God fills a void and so let others in... Let a lot of others in! 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments