Chris Coming to Southern California?

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Thu, Dec 6, 2012 - 2:23pm

We're considering flying Chris out to Los Angeles for a meeting with a possible site partner. But the cost of the trip for that single meeting may be preventative from both a $ and a time-lost standpoint.

Making the trip would be a slam dunk if we could combine it with a speaking event or two in the Southern California area.

For our SoCal readers: do you know of any organizations that would be interested in producing such an event? If you do, please let me know either in the comments section here or by emailing me.

The good news is, we're flexible from a timing standpoint - meaning we can arrange our meeting around the event date.

We'd love to get Chris down there (as many of you have requested). Hopefully, with your help, we can make this happen.

cheers,

A

9 Comments

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Seattle/PNW

On a slightly different tack, if there's an opportunity for Chris to speak in the Seattle area...I think you would find a lot of interest up here.

Ken

Ken C's picture
Ken C
So Cal trip

If Chris does do a talk in So Cal I would like to go. I live in North L. A.  (tujunga)

Poet's picture
Poet
Please Visit / Transition Town Folks

I would suggest getting in touch with the Transition Town folks in the area, as they've done things like this before. For example, Transition Los Angeles and Transition Laguna.Beach hosted Nicole Foss ("Stoneleigh") for three nights (Pasadena, Westchester, Laguna Beach). She drove to each venue and members fed her and put her up for the night at their homes.

Transition LA (website):
http://www.TransitionLA.org

Transition Laguna Beach (on Facebook):
https://www.facebook.com/TransitionLaguna

Poet

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
In and Out

Gosh, that picture made me hungry.  I love In and Out Burgers and Fries.  Best ever.

phildenn's picture
phildenn
So Cal

If he could get to San Diego too, that would be great. If not, maybe an Orange County venue would serve both the LA and SD markets well. Keep us posted!

lmcdel's picture
lmcdel
So Cal

I live in Orange County and was also going to second the transition town movement as the most likely group. Racking my mind for others.

Does Chris ever speak to groups of business people? If so, what is the angle that they are receptive to? What about universities? Is there a dept or field of study at universities that has reached out in the past?

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak
I've got a room in Murrieta

(Riverside/San Diego county border) that seats 90 people with a stage and sound system that Chris can use @ no charge. Would probably need a sponsor or group to get some free press and sell some seats though. Just putting it out there. 

SS

Dwig's picture
Dwig
I second Poet's suggestion. 

I second Poet's suggestion.  I attended Stoneleigh's Pasadena talk ... it had a large turnout.  You can contact Transition LA at http://www.transitionla.org/TLAcontact.htm.

Another thought: Debbie Cook, who is currently the President of the Board of Directors of the Post Carbon Institute, lives in Orange County, and would be worth contacting.

jminvest's picture
jminvest
Chris Visit

I second the chorus around Chris visiting southern California!  I belong to a number of investment groups and will be most willing to past on any speaking engagement details as they are developed.  If I can be of service performing any tasks associated with this opportunity please let me know.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments