Introducing our expanded "Today's Markets" dashboard

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Fri, Jul 6, 2012 - 10:58am

Ever wondered which data Chris monitors most regularly?

We're giving you the chance to find out with our new Today's Markets expanded dashboard.

You can access it by clicking on the "More" button in the Today's Markets module on our home page:

You'll land on a full page with recent quotes for key precious metals, energy sources, currencies, market indices, bond yields, and macro trends like GDP, inflation, etc (including both 'official' and ShadowStats numbers).

This is very much a first version of this dashboard. We'll be adding more data to it over time.

In the meanwhile, check it out - it's a great tool for learning at-a-glace what's happening in the markets at any given moment. And please send any feedback you have here.

10 Comments

Travlin's picture
Travlin
This is excellent

I'm impressed by the breadth and depth of data that is offered to us for free.  By following links we can drill down to deeper levels.  I particularly appreciate the data from ShadowStats.  Having it all in one place is a big bonus.  I suggest you re-work the box on the home page to show only the most important prices.  This is a welcome addition to the site and well executed.

Travlin 

AkGrannyWGrit's picture
AkGrannyWGrit
Todays Markets

This looks great and provides a wealth of information I am sure. Being a novice at this would you please explain for me .... When a number shows a down arrow and says 1.12 percent what does that mean? Does the number tell me that, for instance gold or oil is down by 1.12 percent from the last qoute, from yesterday? Without a reference point I am unsure what I am looking at. Any suggestions on where to find a "stats for dummies" guide?

Thank you for continually working hard at improving the site, you all are doing a great job.

AK Granny

Rector's picture
Rector
LOVE IT!

This totally rocks!  Thanks guys

Nate's picture
Nate
One stop shopping

Most of us are very busy people.  We all want the daily Cliff Notes of important information presented on one site in a condensed manner.  You have made huge strides in that direction.  Keep growing. 

"He not busy being born is busy dying" 

Nate

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
not on Bloomberg

Yanno, I kept going to Bloomberg hoping to find something like this. Very impressive. Thanks!

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Fantastic!

Fantastic!  Thanks.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Thank you all!

...and this is just the beta version.   Thank you for the feedback, keep it coming!

I am personally committed to creating the dashboard I most want to see, and to then augment that dashboard with links and comments to really make it actionable and informative.

Of course, we have many fires to fight at the moment, just know that we are committed to keeping the ball moving forward and that I've yet to work with anybody who takes that process more seriously than Adam. May everyone have the chance to work with someone so open yet focussed, and gifted and humble.  

Best,
Chris M.

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Commentary

cmartenson wrote:

I am personally committed to creating the dashboard I most want to see, and to then augment that dashboard with links and comments to really make it actionable and informative.

Chris

Comments from you that help us understand the significance of the data and their interactions would be most helpful.  Learning how you think about these matters if very useful. 

Travlin

Base821's picture
Base821
Request from a noob...

Also, additional feedback on how you all are interpreting the info would be really helpful for those of us who are new to this space.

Thanks!

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Today's Markets Question

Hi AKGranny,  Yes, that is exactly right.  The numbers are today's changes, up is green ink, down is red ink, and expressed in percent.  So, for example, a 1% change (in only one day) is a BIG change.

And interpreting their significance is much harder.  I mostly just wait for Chris' next article to explain it all.....     :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments