Have you joined or created a Group in your local area yet?

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Tue, Jul 3, 2012 - 4:44pm

Our new Groups are designed to enable you to find and connect with like-minded people in your local area.

Since launching 2 weeks ago, nearly 50 groups have been created in the US, Canada, Europe, Mexico and the Mideast.

Have you joined one yet?

If not, it's simple:

1. Go to http://www.peakprosperity.com/groups
  2. Use the "Discover Groups" tool to see if there's a group near your location
  3. If so, enter the group and click the "Join Today" button
  4. If not, consider creating one for others in your area to join, using the "Create A Group" button in the sidebar

We have high expectations for these groups to become valuable resources for building resilience at the local community level. If you have any feedback for how they can be improved (we're already working on a list), please let us know.

3 Comments

kloren's picture
kloren
My community

I have lived in the same house for 4+ years and hardly know ANY of my next-door neighbors.

My Community is mostly my Church and none of them live within 50 miles from me.

I think I have the only small garden for miles around.  I know I had the only American Flag flying for years. Virtually all of my near neighbors have children at home.  I have great grandchildren, no family except my very like-minded wife anywhere close.

I agree that in many locations "geographical proximity" is an easy basis of creating a community, but for me it has been and probably will be a community based on similar viewpoints and values

Vegheat's picture
Vegheat
Introduction
Hello
I am Technical Director of Northeast Biodiesel Co. In Greenfield, MA. We are opening a biodiesel factory by the end of this year. If anyone needs to know about how this may affect our valley, I am ready to dialog on this topic.

Not to be too narrow, my family has been Homesteading in Ashfield for the past 37 years. We do lots of stuff on the farm.

We, my family, also have a potential wind power site for Community Wind. UMass has completed their evaluation of the site.

Glad to participate where I can.

Tom Leue
Homestead Inc.
aeldric's picture
aeldric
SEarch feature doesn't work for areas outside US?

I created an Australian group, but the search feature doesn't seem to find it?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments