Excellent interview of Chris by Erik Townsend

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Tue, Jun 26, 2012 - 9:06am

Longtime site veteran and Peak Oil investor Erik Townsend interviewed Chris last week for FinancialSense.com's new interview series The Next Level.

It's one of the best macroeconomic interviews I've heard Chris give - and I've heard a lot.

If you haven't yet, take a listen when you have time this week:

http://www.financialsense.com/node/8617

12 Comments

Travlin's picture
Travlin
This is Chris at his best

This is a terrific interview.  Chris is at his best in an extended free-ranging discussion of his latest thoughts on the world situation.  There is important new information here that we need to know now.  I listened to this last night at Financial Sense.  I'm glad to see it here today.  I'll listen to it a second time to absorb it all.

Travlin 

dps's picture
dps
Just finished my second time through this audio!

Excellent in every way.  Thank you, Erik, for conducting an excellent host role where Chris got to finish his thoughts without interruption.  You guys are so great.  ... dons

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn
Transcript?

Will there be a transcript of the interview? 

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Thanks guys!

@Trav, dps

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

hucklejohn wrote:

Will there be a transcript of the interview? 

I encourage you to make that request directly by either calling the "Q-Line" at 800-794-6480 or e-mailing your comments directly to Jim Puplava thru the FSN contact page.

As you probably already know, FinancialSense has recently moved to a "split premium" business model, where the basic program is free, but you have to pay for a subscription to get "premium" content, which so far includes extra interviews, and will soon include a newsletter and graphic content to accompany the audio interviews. My advice to Jim has been to produce transcripts for ALL FSN content, then make the transcripts available free to premium subscribers or for a small additional fee (probably $0.99) for non-subscribers. Jim is already considering that suggestion, but he's also a very customer-focused guy, and requests from listeners carry more weight than my suggestions.

Incidentally, I welcome suggestions in this thread for future Next Level interview guests and topics. Next week we're returning to the topic of Precious Metals, as Jeff Christian joins me for an in-depth discussion of the mechanics of futures, forwards, and bullion bank accounts - how these contracts are collateralized, where the default risks are, etc. We also discuss the Gold Carry Trade and a few other topics you won't find in the retail-level Precious Metals podcasts. The following week will be Eric Hunsader of Nanex doing a forensic post-mortem on what really happened in the Facebook IPO - an interview I think is really going to be fantastic. I'm also working on signing up Charles Hugh Smith and a couple of notables in the Peak Oil community.

Suggestions and requests for other topics and guests are quite welcome, provided that they fall into the Next Level theme, which is to go to a deeper level of technical depth and sophistication than you find in the typical podcast which is intended for a relatively inexperienced retail investor.

Thanks again for the kind words, guys...

Erik

Nate's picture
Nate
future interview

Erik,

Both you and Chris did a great job.  Regarding future interviews, James Grant would be one of my top picks.

Nate

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Yes

Nate is right.  Jim Grant would be a top choice.

Travlin 

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Great suggestions!

Great idea - I'll try to get Jim Grant. I'm also going to approach Hugh Hendry, but from what I hear he's pretty hard to get unless you are CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Erik

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
Jeff Christian Interview

Erik,

When you interview Jeff Christian can you real specific on how much GOLD is held by GLD. Isn't it like fractional reserve banking? And also compare GLD and SLV to CEF and the Sprott funds. 

Also what are the downside risks to a structure like Gold Money run by James Turk.

Mark

herewego's picture
herewego
Chris M. and Erik T.

This interview got two takes because it was just that good!  As a person with no investment or economic training except during the past 3 years, I really appreciated the clarity and breadth of your analysis, Chris.  Erik, the way you summarized Chris' content from time to time helped me keep up with the information - very effective!  On the whole, you two managed an accessable breakdown of complex situations - a great reason to stick around this website.  I'll be on the lookout for more of your interviews, Erik, though many of them will be too technical for my level.

Thanks

Susan

jbankert's picture
jbankert
Still Available?

I just tried to access the interview and the link is giving me a blank page.  Is the interview still available?

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Try this link

Jbankert

Welcome to the forums.  You can find the interview at this link at Financial Sense.  http://www.financialsense.com/node/8617

Travlin

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Thanks for the kind words guys...

You're REALLY going to like next Monday's interview with Eric Hunsader of Nanex. It's a complete expose' on what really happened during the Facebook IPO, analyzed at the milisecond level. Amazing stuff.

Erik

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments